PDA

View Full Version : B747 Maint Program

B747 Plumber
9th Oct 2003, 06:40
Please forgive me my background is not Commercial Aircraft Maint.
I am aware of a maint program on the B727 that eliminates the D check and adds the required parts of that check over 5-C checks. Is anyone aware of a program for the B747? Many thanks!

Blacksheep
9th Oct 2003, 09:34
You can split any aircraft maintenance check package into equalised checks as long as you use the manufacturer's maintenance planning document as the starting point. The key lies in maintaining the required hours/cycles/time intervals between individual inspection and servicing items. There is nothing new about equalised checks. The process was certainly in our apprenticeship syllabus forty years ago.

After the operator's maintenance plan is approved by the regulators to become the operator's Approved Maintenance Programme (AMP), the intervals between and contents of the equalised packages may be adjusted through the reliability programme. There isn't a D check for B757 or B767 aircraft - the 36,000 hour C12 check being an equivalent. I expect that is the case for at least the later model B747s as well, since they were also constructed to MSG3.

The Corrosion Prevention and Control Programme (CPCP) also runs in parallel with the equalised check packs and may therefore be equalised as well.

Through difficulties to the cinema

Jango
9th Oct 2003, 22:18
Aaah the program you want is to go for MSG3 MPD which became available for Classic 747 last year. I am in the process of transposing my 747-200F to this new MPD. basically you will have to do which ever C check, plus CPC you are doing, plus bridging items to bring your program in line with this new MPD.

727, 737Classic also have the option of going for MSG3 MPD as well. B747-400 is mostly MSG3 which makes things very confusing. but is 75% MSG3 if you have the latest rev.

The MSG3 idea is that you combine all the MPD, CPCP, SSID and all the other tasks into one program.

Hope this helps - J

B747 Plumber
10th Oct 2003, 05:16
Hello Jango,

I think you hit the nail on the head!
Please tell me more. Where or who did you get the program from and what was the cost? Do they do the evaluation or bridging to the new program? Thanks again for your help.
You can also reach me off line at [email protected]

B747plumber:ok: