PDA

View Full Version : Eastern airways `dog fight` at Aberdeen

KAT TOO
8th Oct 2003, 16:04
So whats going off in granite City?

1st bmi-regional transfer the ABZ-EMA to Eastern, then do a code share from Dundee & Inverness, then a senior exce joins Eastern, following which bmi go head to head with Eastern on the NWI route!

It seems that NWI now gets more rotations a day (8) than most major city pairs.

An Eastern Captain in the cafe at EDI told me yesterday that (Eastern) are soon to start an ABZ-EBJ service on a J41 at much lower prices than bmi, who he said" milk " the route with £400.00+ fares.

Mean while back here in EDI there is much talk of Scott Air doing the same to bmi on the EDI-LBA route with an early (06.55) departure to LBA. This route is supposed to be the `crown jewel` of bmi regionals network, sold only as `C` class at peak times.

Only a couple of weeks to the winter timetable so we shall soon know, still turning up at 07.45 in Leeds doesn't mean you'll get in on misty morning at `Stalag` Yeadon.:confused:

dbromle
9th Oct 2003, 01:54
Well if Leeds-Edinburgh has become a crown jewel, then BM deserve it after turning round the shambles that Air UK then Gill had made.

charterguy
10th Oct 2003, 00:01
An Eastern Captain in the cafe at EDI told me yesterday that (Eastern) are soon to start an ABZ-EBJ service on a J41 at much lower prices than bmi, who he said" milk " the route with £400.00+ fares.

Seems bmi aren't the only ones 'milking' a route. Eastern have been milking the HUY-ABZ route for some time.

I guess all that is going to change once DCR re-opens in 2005.

CG

KAT TOO
10th Oct 2003, 04:41
Sorry to be dumb,but where is DCR?

JustAnotherVictim
10th Oct 2003, 06:06
I am guessing it's Doncaster? :confused:

Gaza
10th Oct 2003, 06:53
Talking of airlines milking routes it will be interesting to see if competition on EDI-SOU from FlyBe will cause BA to drop their fares. Most of the time it is impossible to get anything other than full fare "C". £410 for a one hour flight is a rip-off.