PDA

View Full Version : French PA Part 2

FlyingIrishman
8th Oct 2003, 15:02
I would appreciate if somebody could help me out again with translating PA's into French, this time the mid-cruise and after landing PA:

Mid-Cruise:

Ladies and Gentlemen, good morning/afternoon/evening, this is captain ___ from the flight deck again. We are currently cruising at ___ feet at a speed of ___ which is ___ miles per hour and the outside temperature is -40°C.

At present we are overhead ___, our routing will then take us overhead ___ and ___ before we will begin our initial descent into ___ over ___.

The weather in ___ is ___ with a temperature of ___°C and ___. We should be landing ___ minutes ahead of schedule/on time/___ minutes late and be on stand in approximately ___
minutes from now.

Once again Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for flying Ryanair today and please enjoy the rest of your flight with us.

After Landing:

Ladies and Gentlemen, once again your captain. I am delighted to be able to welcome you to ___ on time/___ minutes ahead of schedule where the local time is ___. We will be on stand in a few minutes so please stay in your seats until the aircraft has come to a complete stop, the engines have been shut down and the seat belt sign has been switched off.
Once again, from all of us here on board, captain ___, first officer ___, cabin supervisor ___ and his/her team, ___, ___ and ___ thank you for flying with us and enjoy your stay in the ___ area. Good morning/afternoon/evening

I would also appreciate a few basic phrases for weather such as clear skies/scattered clouds/broken clouds/overcast; light/heavy rain, snow; winds+wind direction.

Merci beaucoup d'advance, I really appreciate your help.

eaglejet
9th Oct 2003, 01:16
Are you really talking so much on the PA????;) ;)

I guess the chief flight attendant dosen't have to say anything more after you.........:ok:

FlyingIrishman
9th Oct 2003, 04:47
I like to keep my passengers happy and these are the guidelines suggested by our ops manual.

priscilla
9th Oct 2003, 21:03
why don't you tell humouristic stories then?? :rolleyes:

FlyingIrishman
11th Oct 2003, 03:08
Anyone for a translation then?????????????

Ludo
11th Oct 2003, 03:15
Sorry, just can't get myself into translating "thank you for flying Ryanair" :ugh: yuk

priscilla
11th Oct 2003, 04:10
I'll do it I promise...but later ;)

Unwell_Raptor
11th Oct 2003, 04:48
Messieurs et mesdames,

C'est moi encore, le Capitaine Smith

Actuellement nous sommes almost la. Au dehors c'est tres tres froid. N'inquietez vous pas, parce que c'est okay a l' interieur de l'avion. Cet avion n'est pas exactement brand nouveau, mais il n'y a pas de problemes avec le chauffage.

Nous esperons de ne pas etre en retard, parce que Michel (notre patron) serait tres enrage si c'est le cas. Il ne donne pas un merde pour vous, mais il a besoin de l'avion pour encore six secteurs ce soir.

Apres l'atterrissage, restez dans votre chaise, ceinture tight.

Quand l'avion s'arrete nous vous prions de partir tout de suite; nous n'avons pas le temps pour attendre. J'ai encore dix mille sterling a payer pour mes lecons de piloter cette machine, et j'ai besoin de mon bonus. Vous vous trouverez au centre d'un aeroport tout a fait desert, a cent kilometres de la ville nomme sur vos tickets. Mais le coach arrivera en quelques minutes. Probablement.

Au revoir, et merci.

Okay, c'est pas bon, mais au moins c'est pas cher.

Qu'est que vous voulez pour 30 Euros? Air France?

hart744
11th Oct 2003, 08:40
My better half is French and she said your announcement is full of mistakes.

priscilla
12th Oct 2003, 02:29
Unwell raptor...bien joué! au moins il y aura un peu d'ambiance dans l'avion!!! mieux qu'une histoire drôle....:D excellent!!
FlyingIrishman....you'd better wait for my translation...coming soon!

Unwell_Raptor
12th Oct 2003, 03:01
M. Hart:

Please give mes apologies a madame H. J'avais l'intention de faire un 'joke'.

Pardon.

flyblue
12th Oct 2003, 04:38
Good one Raptor :ok: I laughed really loud :p

ATC Watcher
12th Oct 2003, 13:23
Absolutey excellent raptor ! :}
Pricillia, ne te presse pas trop avec la traduction " correcte ".
Apres tout Flying irisman pourrait etre ordonne par Michael OL lui meme qui essaye de cette maniere a economiser quelques livres de plus en demandant une traduction gratuite ..
( Imagine combien il devrait payer une boite officielle pour traduire cela !)
Je n' aime pas trop son empressement
(2 eme intervention ici ) je sais bien qu' ils sont toujours presses chez RYR mais quand meme ....

xabi200
15th Oct 2003, 17:44
Hi flying irish man,

Can you notice the difference between french and spanish?

Spanish helped you right away whereas the french only made fun of you.

Should I assume that the all bunch work for Air France and that they are afraid to loose their jobs if ryan air keeps on growing?

So they either work for air france or are jealous that you are working for ryan air. Anyway, I did not see any constructive comments.

I personaly like ryan air, best prices.Keep on the good work!!

Even the moderator, fly blue, whom I think work for air France, jumped in the wagon!!!

What is the procedure to moderate a moderator???!!!

No wonder the DGAC is so narrow minded. It sounds like all the french airline industry is!!!

If I manage to have some free time I'll try to help you out.

Cheers.

ATC Watcher
15th Oct 2003, 18:13
Mon cher Xabi, you are talikng about " narrow minds " as an expert on the suject I guess. Euskadi airlines is still a long way off I am told by my Spanish friends, so relax and enjoy the ride.
This is French humour , and obviously you and our RYR friend are not getting that. But this is the Frog Forum, I you want to ask serious questions go to the Technical Forum

And no, the vast majority of us do not work for AF ( athough a lot here wish they were :} and we love our moderator who is doing a very good job.
Un abrazo muy ferte tambien companero.....

GUSTO
15th Oct 2003, 20:28
Guys I will join xabi on this one , remember we all belong to the same familly "Aviation" and it will be good to help each other instead of showing the biter side of some person .

FlyingIrishman is a member of our familly so it will be good to help him instead of attacking his employer , after all he got a job with Ryan Air and he is probably very happy to just have a job ( I know lots of other guys who will be ...)

Also I think it is good to see that English speaking pilots want to make the effort of making there pax briefing in an other foreign language , on top of the english one .

FlyingIrishman I will PM you for the request made .

Gusto

flyblue
15th Oct 2003, 21:28
xabi,
you don't seem to get humor too well, do you? Or are we to be deadly serious about a joke just because it's about-GASP!- Ryanair? I found UR's joke funny, and I'd have laughed had it been about AF, or BA or Cameroon Airlines. BTW as ATC Watcher says, the majority of the people here are not AF, and not even all French: so if you are after generalisations you hit off the mark.

But if one really wished to find a difference in Forums, it may be that no one from the FF comes to the Spanish Forum to make unpleasant remarks.
You are welcome to keep off the French Forum if you don't think you can get everything that goes on here.

Bye

FlyingIrishman
15th Oct 2003, 21:49
Thanks very much for all your support lads!!!
There are a lot of eejits out here and if attacking one of the best employers in the business in seen as funny I really don't know...

xabi200
16th Oct 2003, 00:11
Les francais,

J'aurais considere tous ces commentaires comme etant de l'humour a la condition que irishman obtienne sa traduction a un moment ou un autre.

Je remarque juste que chez les espagnols il a obtenu sa traduction de suite sans a avoir eu besoin de mettre deux post, tandis que chez les francais "on a fait de l'humour" sans jamais lui donner de traduction.

LE POST DE Gusto est plus politiquement correct que le mien et je suis d'accord avec lui a 100%, pour une fois qu'un etranger essaie de parler francais on pourrait l'aider.

ATC watcher je suis effectivement un expert sur les narrow minds etant donne que la DGAC refuse de valider ma licence JAR. Quant a Euskadi airline, elle a existe (pas tres longtemps). C'etait difficile de remflouer la compagnie avec les impots, etant donne qu'ils partent a Paris ou Madrid.En effet nous sommes toujours colonise. Mais cela est un autre debat.

Enfin, il n'y a pas mort d'homme.

ciao

flyblue
16th Oct 2003, 01:01
Xabi,
les habitués du French Forum savent que à l'occasion de son premier post où il demandait une traduction le 21 Septembre à 15.27, notre ami FI a obtenu la première partie par les soins de Priscilla à 16.10 le meme jour(et sans meme "faire de l'humour" :rolleyes: ), la deuxième le 24 et la troisième le 1er Octobre. Parce que pour faire une traduction il faut quand meme s'y mettre et en avoir le temps. Le 8 Octobre il en a redemandé, et encore le 10 cette chère priscilla a promis de s'y mettre dès qu'elle en avait le temps. Donc personne n'a jugé opportun donner suite vu qu'elle s'était déja mis à la tache. Mieux: on a entretenu notre "guest" avec un peu de bon humour franchouillard qui est l'equivalent virtuel d'une bonne tranche de saucisson, baguette et verre de pinard (tu peux pas rentrer ches des Froggies et te plaindre qu'on se conduise à la française, non???)
Donc je crois que tu a été un peu hatif dans tes jugements de tout le monde ici, et je ne trouverais pas déplacé de recevoir des excuses de groupe :*
Pour ma part je trouves qu'avec
Even the moderator, fly blue, whom I think work for air France, jumped in the wagon!!! What is the procedure to moderate a moderator???!!! tu as "fait pipi en dehors du pot", et meme si pour ta part "il n'y a pas mort d'homme" avant d'exprimer de tels jugements il faudrait d'abord 1)etre sur d'avoir compris ce qu'il se passe 2)laisser aux gens le bénéfice du doute sans sauter sur l'occase pour pointer le doigt à tort et à travers. Parce que pour tourner en vinaigre une bonne rigolade sur une blague inoffensive il faut vraiment etre mal disposés et pour passer de ça à mettre tous les Français dans le meme tas...

Edited for spelling

air-sol
16th Oct 2003, 02:39
Pauvre Xabi, pourquoi tant de haine.... jalousie certainement, ok, la DGAC est "narrow-minded" mais par pitié, pas d'extension...merci....
En tout cas, Raptor est dans le vrai....quel bazar avec une annonce comme ça....mais IrishFlying pourrait peut etre faire traduire son torchon par sa French moitié....
La famille aéro est normalement pleine d'humour, mais il faut savoir trier le 1er du 2ème degré....
En tout cas, j'ai bien ri, c'est tellement vrai....
A+

mermoz
16th Oct 2003, 14:46
Un peu d'humour dans un monde d'amour....

A beautiful young blonde woman boards a plane to New York with a ticket for the economy section. She looks at the seats in economy and then looks into the forward cabin at the first-class seats. Seeing that the first-class seats appear to be much larger and more comfortable, she moves forward to the last empty seat in first class.

The flight attendant checks her ticket and tells the woman that her the seat is in economy. The blonde replies, "I'm young and beautiful, and have never had this problem before. I'm going to sit here all the way, until we get to New York." Flustered, the flight attendant goes to the cockpit and informs the Captain of the blonde problem. The captain goes back and tells the woman that her assigned seat is in economy. Again, the blonde replies, in exactly the same way.

The captain doesn't want to cause a commotion, and so returns to the cockpit to discuss the blonde problem with the Co-pilot. The Co-pilot says that he has a blonde girlfriend, and that he can take care of the problem. He then goes back and briefly whispers something in the blonde's ear. She immediately gets up, says "Thank you so much, now I understand". She hugs the Co-pilot, and rushes back to her seat in the economy section. The pilot and flight attendant, who were watching with rapt attention, asked the Co-pilot what he had said to the woman. He replies, "I just told her that the first class section isn't going to New York."

:p

PorcoRosso
16th Oct 2003, 17:17
Unwell Raptor

Really enjoyed your translation !

priscilla
16th Oct 2003, 23:00
"et encore le 10 cette chère priscilla a promis de s'y mettre dès qu'elle en avait le temps. Donc personne n'a jugé opportun donner suite vu qu'elle s'était déja mis à la tache"
Merci Flyblue! ;) mais bon maintenant il faut vraiment que je le fasse ;) :D

flyblue
18th Oct 2003, 01:36
Merci priscilla, comme tu vois c'est à toi de défendre notre honneur ;) :ok:

Doudou
18th Oct 2003, 18:10
Ah ces Français, si cyniques, si arrogants, qui ne se lavent pas et ne parlent pas de langues étrangères et mangent des grenouilles. Maintenant n'oublions pas c'est aussi des couards depuis la dernière guerre en Irak... :}
Personellement ça me ferait mourir de rire et rendrais mon voyage inoubliable si un jour y avait une annonce comme celle de Raptor, j'irais féliciter illico le captain, au risque de me faire plaquer par l'agent du FBI qui s'était déguisé en plateau repas.

mermoz
20th Oct 2003, 19:23
Il y a une compagnie Low cost en Afrique du Sud qui s'appelle kulula.com qui fait des annonces super poilantes mais dans un style different de Raptor , qui lui se canalise sur les problemes rencontres par les employers de compagnies low cost sous une forme de militantiste syndicaliste ...

Kulula.com qui offre un bon service est quand meme trois fois moins cher que la compagnie nationale , et en plus sur SAA on n'a pas droit a la petite touche d'humour que les hotesses de Kulula.com metrisent a la perfection .

L'uniforme des hotesses kalula.com est assez relax , jean et teeshirt avec paire de chaussure de sport .

A oui j'oublie de dire que le personel de bord a toujours le sourire, meme apres une rotation ou il on du nettoyer l'avion.

IL Y A DE L'AVENIR DANS LES LOW COST:D

Pour ce qui veulent en savoir plus : www.kulula.com aller voir la rubrique about kulula.com

FlyingIrishman
20th Oct 2003, 22:59
More to the point has anyone managed to translate the PA yet?

Eva San
21st Oct 2003, 06:45
Here's my contribution to the good relations between english speaking persons and the french...

Ladies and Gentlemen, good morning/afternoon/evening, this is captain ___ from the flight deck again. We are currently cruising at ___ feet at a speed of ___ which is ___ miles per hour and the outside temperature is -40°C.

Mesdames et messieurs, bonjour je suis le commandant de bord Mr_____.qui vous parle depuis le poste de pilotage.
Nous volons actuellement à l’atitude de croisière de ___ pieds (soit ___ kilomètres) à une vitesse de ___ Nœuds soit ___ miles par heure (soit __.kilomètres heure ) et la température extérieure est de moins quarante degrés.

At present we are overhead ___, our routing will then take us overhead ___ and ___ before we will begin our initial descent into ___ over ___.

A présent, nous sommes au dessus de ____, notre route nous amènera à la verticale de ___et ___ avant de débuter notre descente vers ___au desssus de _____.

The weather in ___ is ___ with a temperature of ___°C and ___. We should be landing ___ minutes ahead of schedule/on time/___ minutes late and be on stand in approximately ___

Le temps à ___ est ___avec une température de ___ degrés et___.Nous devrions atterrir ___ minutes en avance sur l’horaire prévu / à l’heure/ ___ minutes en retard et atteindre notre poste de stationnement dans____minutes

Once again Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for flying Ryanair today and please enjoy the rest of your flight with us.

Encore une fois ,Mesdames et messieurs, merci d’avoir choisi Ryanair et j’espère que vous apprécierez le reste du vol en notre compagnie.

After Landing:

Ladies and Gentlemen, once again your captain. I am delighted to be able to welcome you to ___ on time/___ minutes ahead of schedule where the local time is ___. We will be on stand in a few minutes so please stay in your seats until the aircraft has come to a complete stop, the engines have been shut down and the seat belt sign has been switched off.

Mesdames et messieurs, c’est encore votre commandant de bord, j’ai le plaisir de vous annoncer que nous venons d’atterrir à ___ à l’heure/ ____ minutes en avance sur l’horaire, l’heure locale est ___. Nous atteindrons notre poste de stationnement dans quelques minutes, veuillez rester assis, votre ceinture attachée jusqu’à l’arrêt complet de l’appareil et des moteurs et jusqu’à ce que la consigne lumineuse « attachez vos ceintures » ait été éteinte.

Once again, from all of us here on board, captain ___, first officer ___, cabin supervisor ___ and his/her team, ___, ___ and ___ thank you for flying with us and enjoy your stay in the ___ area. Good morning/afternoon/evening

Une fois encore, de la part de tout l’équipage, le capitaine ___, le copilote _____, le/la chef de cabine et son équipe ____et _____, merci d’avoir voyagé entre notre compagnie, nous vous souhaitons un agréable séjour dans la région de ____. Bonne journée/fin de journée…

I would also appreciate a few basic phrases for weather such as clear skies/scattered clouds/broken clouds/overcast; light/heavy rain, snow; winds+wind direction.

Le ciel est dégagé / quelques nuages épars / des nuages fragmentés / le ciel est couvert / une pluie légère / de la forte pluie / de la neige / un léger/fort vent du nord, sud , ouest ,est

En espèrant que ça fera l'affaire ....:cool: Peut être que Priscilla pourra apporter sa touche personnelle et des petites corrections avé qui sait l'accent de Marseille ????

Quote doudou "Ah ces Français, si cyniques, si arrogants, qui ne se lavent pas et ne parlent pas de langues étrangères et mangent des grenouilles. Maintenant n'oublions pas c'est aussi des couards depuis la dernière guerre en Irak...
Personellement ça me ferait mourir de rire et rendrais mon voyage inoubliable si un jour y avait une annonce comme celle de Raptor, j'irais féliciter illico le captain, au risque de me faire plaquer par l'agent du FBI qui s'était déguisé en plateau repas."

Perso, c'est le coup du marshall deguisé en plateau repas qui me fait mourir de rire :ok:

priscilla
22nd Oct 2003, 20:08
Peut être que Priscilla pourra apporter sa touche personnelle et des petites corrections avé qui sait l'accent de Marseille ????

Merci EVA SAN, j'étais sur le point de me mettre à la tâche (àprès avoir fini mon pastis avé des olives au soleil ;) )
Je n'ai pas encore vraiment l'accent marseillais, mais ça pourrait débuter comme ça:
"Bonjour les cakes, bonjour les cagoles,...vé! ça vient à nous d'atterrir !"
Peuchère, c'est pas terrible...il faut que je bosse mon vocabulaire marseillais!
enjoy the sun!

xabi200
22nd Oct 2003, 23:54
Probleme de computer je ne pouvez pas me brancher sur les forums.

Au fait, j'aurai peut etre pu faire la traduction, au lieu de vous mettre en colere.....

et puis en fait je n'ai plus besoin de validation francaise, je vais travailler en espagne.

Doudou
23rd Oct 2003, 00:07
Bah tout est bien qui fini bien: FlyingIrish a sa traduction, xabi a du taffe, priscilla boit du pastis avé l'aceng et eva va pouvoir postuler pour le prix Nobel de la paix pour avoir calmé la situation à l'aide de sa traduction.
:ok:

Eva San
23rd Oct 2003, 01:51
Merci , mais pour le prix Nobel il faudra peut être encore attendre un peu ! Si j'ai répondu c'est bien parce que c'était un irlandais qui demandait, si cela avait été un anglais je ne sais pas si j'aurait été aussi prompt à l'aider ... Car c'est bien connu, les irlandais c'est comme les français, ils aiment les anglais autant que nous !!!:D
Attention, ce n'était un petit frenchie qui s'essayait à l'humour !!!
For all that matters, I'm not 100% french as I've never eaten frog legs in my life !!! ;)