PDA

View Full Version : vancouver SO interviews - anyone get a call yet?

bumboclot
8th Oct 2003, 12:10
has anyone who did the recent SO interviews in vancouver heard any news from cathay yet??? still waiting anxiously to see if i made it to round 2....
good luck 2 all

CX-2-B
8th Oct 2003, 15:49
Phone them and ask, dont kill yourself, when was your interview? If its been more than a week they have the results but you better by Thursday night or you will have to stew all weekend.

PUDDY
8th Oct 2003, 23:48
bumboclot.... I am in the same boat as you are...It has been 2 weeks today since my interview..I have a heart attack every day when I go and check the mail! I have never been happy about receiving bills before...I think I am going to call tonight.

bumboclot
9th Oct 2003, 00:20
about 10 min after i posted my message last night i got the call from Cathay inviting me to round 2 in HK!!!

hope those in the same boat hear some good news soon too!

cheers

CX-2-B
9th Oct 2003, 01:30
Congrats, now you thought you were stressed before wait til you see CX city and how incredible the operation is then head home and wait for the BIG call ! Good Luck

PUDDY
11th Oct 2003, 04:01
Well..It's been quite a wile now...I haven't heard boo as to what my outcome was in the first round in Vancouver...Has anyone else heard??

I'm going CRAZY!!!

nevaeh gypsy
12th Oct 2003, 05:27
Yup me too.....

Know a handful of others that haven't heard anything, good or bad yet.
nice work booblclot......good on ya....

anyone else??

:uhoh:

CX-2-B
12th Oct 2003, 13:53
Just phone them! dont kill yourself. As i said before i had to call for my results from both interviews.

PUDDY
13th Oct 2003, 11:58
CX-2B

Thanks for the advise...I called CX tonight and Monica said that I was selected fot the second interview...She did say that they won't be held until next year though..That's ok...

Thanks again for the advise..

P

CX-2-B
13th Oct 2003, 23:00
No worries mate, congrats, gives you lots of time to prep now and enjoy the holidays. Get ready for that sim ride :)

No worries mate, congrats, gives you lots of time to prep now and enjoy the holidays. Get ready for that sim ride :):O

GearDoor
14th Oct 2003, 06:38
I did the same as PUDDY. Will be going to 2nd interview in new year. When I called, Monica had the results right in front of her and told me the good news. An official invitation will be mailed soon.

GD

nevaeh gypsy
14th Oct 2003, 13:10
congrats......to all.

I got the same response....interview in the new year, nice to have more then two weeks notice!

Good luck to the rest wondering.......just take the bullet and give them a call, and there is always next round that many get in...second time round.

shout out to all the hommies rollin out!!!!
:ok:

GearDoor
22nd Oct 2003, 07:11
Anyone get the official letter in the mail yet?

JET
24th Oct 2003, 06:41
hi

congrats to all , just a quick question , what were your times ? 1000 tt ? 100 mel , i am close to those numbers ,

thanks

bumboclot
30th Oct 2003, 04:26
got a letter from CX today saying that they are unable to unvite me to the final interview at this time, but will contact me when they are in a position to give me a date. is this a blow off or just a letter saying it will be a little while before round 2?
anyone else from the recent YVR interviews get anything in the mail yet?

nevaeh gypsy
30th Oct 2003, 08:08
No reply in the mail as of yet.

When I spoke with Monica a few weeks ago, she said that dates were not known as of yet, but that cx would be sending a letter confirming that successful candidates would be invited to round two...at a later date in the new year. So it 's all good....no blow off, just a undetermined wait period:ok:
ng

jtr
30th Oct 2003, 08:47
Not trying to out a damper on things, but the demand for S/O's over the next 12 months is quite low. A result of the intergration of the freighter seniority list, and their requests to transfer to the pax fleet after 3 years.

Overabundance of F/O's = Little requirement to upgrade S/O's = Small demend for new joiners.

The plan is always changing though

PUDDY
17th Nov 2003, 11:28
Is there anyone out there that has passed the first interview back at the end of Sept..Get a call yet for the second??

P

bumboclot
17th Nov 2003, 22:37
haven't heard anything yet either...

PUDDY
18th Nov 2003, 06:34
Got the call for the final interview last night within an hour of so of the post! lol

I guess it works when you ask the question!

P

bumboclot
18th Nov 2003, 09:07
puddy... great news! you must be pumped. hope i hear soon too...

softpop
18th Nov 2003, 12:47
Hi! Guys, would appreciate Monica,s Ph.No. and designation.
Thx and all the best to u guys

squalo
19th Nov 2003, 03:59
PUDDY

also was successful in the sept. first interviews in YVR, but still waiting on my date for the final interview. just curious when your final interview is, maybe mine would be around the same time?
best of luck, hope to see you in HK!

squalo

PUDDY
20th Nov 2003, 10:00
Hey squalo,

My interview is slated for mid Feb....You should hear somthing I'm sure soon..Get the books back out!

P

goHARD
21st Nov 2003, 11:02
Puddy... c u there!! I'll buy you a drink!

For those who haven't heard from Monica, I received an email then spoke over the telephone.

Good Luck to the rest!

GearDoor
22nd Nov 2003, 21:08
I received an email from Monica as well.

Do you mean Feb. 9-10 when you say mid-Feb? If so, I'll see you guys (and girls) there.

squalo
25th Nov 2003, 13:30
see y'all in HK in Feb!!! 9-10th was the date I was given as well.

Trolle
25th Nov 2003, 14:49
Congrads to all those going to interviews. I posted a question a while ago regarding what kind of times people have. I am just curious to know if many of you have prior heavy international time, maybe furloughed, or some have been flying for regionals or maybe even charter.