PDA

View Full Version : Web/Spy cams in Helicopters

md902man
7th Oct 2003, 21:30
Has anyone seen a web/spy cam used in a helicoter with any success?

I remember reading of a helicopter pilot who used a spy cam to good effect, looking out of a plastic shopping bag. Got him into a little bit of trouble I think.;)

headsethair
9th Oct 2003, 01:15
"Has anyone seen a web/spy cam used in a helicoter with any success?

I remember reading of a helicopter pilot who used a spy cam to good effect, looking out of a plastic shopping bag. "

You are either:
(a) a spotty youth researcher for some dire tv show
or
(b) a tw*t who shouldn't be allowed near a computer, let alone a "helicoter".

Get a :mad: life, pal.

kissmysquirrel
9th Oct 2003, 02:26
Interesting reply to a strange question but my question is "what is a helicoter?"

Autorotate
9th Oct 2003, 02:45
Maybe its a helicopter without the pilot. Dont pilots begin with a P ;)

:E

rotordk
9th Oct 2003, 03:42
I'm more worried about the question.

"Has anyone seen a web/spy cam used in a helicoter with any success?"

Define succes ?

On the other hand, how many helicopters come with internet access ( I mean legally !!).

And I've been a ilot once, but I was really , really drunk !!!!!!!!
Would make me a anker, wouldn't it ?

ppheli
9th Oct 2003, 13:43
Helicoter... Hmmm.. someone round here's taking the "p" :D

I don't see why a helicopter mounted webcam can't be done - sounds like there are some low-tech 'ilots on this 'rune forum. For example, there are some great webcams on boats - like this one on a ferry round the Norwegian fjords http://www.bt.no/kamera/article24452

It wouldn't need net access - just a shot every 5 mins on a satphone would do nicely! :ok: Perhaps Jennifer M should consider this on PolarFirst?

Sayagain...?
9th Oct 2003, 16:59
md902man,

Lease clear u the controversy. A sy cam is basically invisible. Should you have it in the helicoter, what do you want to observe?

A sy cam in a lastic bag can look into all kinds of embarresing
sots.

Confused.:confused:

Twisted Rigging
9th Oct 2003, 17:45
The only good use of a spy cam in a helicopter would be to keep an eye on what the bears in the back are up to. :hmm:

RobboRider
9th Oct 2003, 20:38
I had a real use for a web cam today.

Flew to a nearby town to my LAME to have the blades replaced (under the CASA AD - that's another story)
Told the wife I'd phone her when I got there and if I didn't then start thinking I might need someone to come look for me.

Of course I forgot and the mobile phone was under the seat and couldn't be heard and she didn't know the land-line number of the LAME.
If we'd had a web cam she could have looked it up and seen me sitting around safely gossipping......whoops, On second thoughts .... Can the Cam!
:O

Helo wife
9th Oct 2003, 22:17
I think the web cam on board sound like a great idea! :ok:

Gomer Pylot
10th Oct 2003, 02:15
There are rumblings about the FAA wanting to require cameras in cockpits, in addition to the CVR's and FDR's, for 'accident investigation' purposes. The airline pilots are heavily against it, as it would be another tool for management to discipline pilots. Everything you did would be recorded on video for all to see. Management is not supposed to be able to use it for discipline purposes, but then they're not supposed to be able to use CVR tapes either, but they do. I'm not sure whether the very low percentage of the time the video would make a difference in an accident investigation justifies its use. Hiding it in a plastic bag won't make me any happier about it. :rolleyes: