PDA

View Full Version : Air 2000 is no longer

Airbus Girl
7th Oct 2003, 17:25
"Air 2000" is being renamed and rebranded as First Choice Airways.
Part of a rebrand of the group - Bakers Dolphin, Holiday Hypermarkets and TravelChoice shops will all become "First Choice".

touch&go
7th Oct 2003, 17:30
Rebranding, make me think of what happened to Mytravel, The Post Office and BA's aircraft tails, lets hope Air2bob bucks the trend.

boris
7th Oct 2003, 17:47
That'll be change for two bob, then? :yuk:

sky9
7th Oct 2003, 18:58
I always thought "First Choice" sounded like a dog food.
There again I think that there is a massage parlour in Manchester that regularly advertises in the MEN with the same name.

Parapunter
7th Oct 2003, 19:04
As Air 2000 was widely known as air 2 bob, what say ye on the inevitable new nickname? I reckon "Fat Chance" is in with a good shout:E

B Sousa
7th Oct 2003, 22:20
Curious, but I think I used to see "Air 2000" land at STT once in a while. Do/did they fly an airbus from the UK, down to the Caribbean?? or was it some other company.
We have the Helicopters on the North side of the Runway. Always had to make sure we beat them to customs as the lines got out of hand...

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
7th Oct 2003, 23:13
Might have been Canada 3000 who used to have the same colour scheme and I believe were linked at one time
Golf India Bravo

newswatcher
7th Oct 2003, 23:26
Air2k used to do LGW-STT-ANU-LGW in a 767 up to last winter, didn't they?

Downwind_Left
8th Oct 2003, 00:28
The weekly LGW-STT-ANU-LGW is year round and operates on Fridays using a 767, currently operation confirmed up to the end of summer 2004!

Floppy Link
8th Oct 2003, 04:16
B Sousa...

did one a few weeks ago in air2000 767, was that you in the 222 getting out of our way as we came round to the gate?
would have swapped in an instant...
FL

skytravel
8th Oct 2003, 04:22
whilst on the subject of air2000, I just booked a holiday and will be flying with them on 21/10/03. The flight number is AMM537C/D and we upgraded to the premium service for £20 extra! Anyone know which types have a premium cabin? Is it just the 767 or are a few other a/c in a 2 class layout? Also i heard that AMM have leather seats now... does the whole fleet have them now?

Cheers I know its a bit off topic bnut was just curious to know before i fly :ok:

BAe 146-100
8th Oct 2003, 05:02
Hi,

Anyone know which types have a premium cabin? Is it just the 767 or are a few other a/c in a 2 class layout?
Just the 767.

Also i heard that AMM have leather seats now... does the whole fleet have them now?
Only the newly delivered 757's have the '777' style cabin interior and leather seats fitted.

BAe 146-100

Colonel Blink
8th Oct 2003, 05:10
Sound more like a low cost supermarket - can I have a tin of First Choice beans and some first choice cola please?

RRAAMJET
8th Oct 2003, 05:37
" Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome aboard First Choice.
Shortly we will have the pleasure of serving you your
Thirst Choice; you can listen to our complimentary music selection First Voice. Bathrooms are located in each cabin and are labelled Worst Moist where you can have your turd hoist...." :uhoh:

8th Oct 2003, 05:45
All routemasters bar 2 have leather interior and premium seats.

EPRman
8th Oct 2003, 06:26
skytravel,
In addition to the 767's the A321's have a premium service cabin at the front of the aircraft. Larger seats and more legroom plus you get a slightly different cabin service. Apparently it isn't viable on the 757's because of the different toilet/galley configs. we have (or so I was told). Certainly worth the extra money on a longer flight.

BAe 146-100,
All the 757's bar a couple have leather seats. Not sure about the Airbus fleet though.

pilot_will
8th Oct 2003, 07:32
:( Air 2000 are probs one of my favorate airlines, flew with them to LCPH and back in august, onboard G-OOAR, sorry, thought I'd include that :O

Anyway, im looking for a career as a pilot in the future, and First Choice Airlines will be one of the first I apply for (If I can :) )

Just wondering, will they be keeping the callsign "Jetset" ?

Wee Weasley Welshman
8th Oct 2003, 07:57
G-OOAR seems to be based in Bristol from my observations. In which case I tip my hat to the man with the sense of regional humour in Air Two Bob - as they shall stubornley be known for many years to come. ;-)

Cheers

skytravel
8th Oct 2003, 21:56
Thanks EPRman!

That was very helpful info... I am so pleased to be flying AMM before they change their name. It will be a very memorable flight for me :cool:

B Sousa
8th Oct 2003, 22:41
Floppy Link.
No the 222 belongs to a Canadian who works out of the BVI. We have B206/B206Ls.

PPrune Towers
What could I have possibly said that would require you to edit my Post......??

pilot_will
8th Oct 2003, 23:04
WWW,

:eek: I better get to EGGD on saturday then!

AMM110C to Alicante isn't it?

Ms Spurtle
8th Oct 2003, 23:34
Most of the Airbus' are now leather seated too.
The only aircraft not interior refitted are those approaching the end of lease.

doubledolphins
10th Oct 2003, 16:45
At the moment "amm" will change, "Jetset" will stay. There might be a problem using the word "First" on the radio. The original call sign "Air 2000" did not survive much longer than the first day of ops. for obvious reasons!

Viper52
12th Oct 2003, 11:00
Changing the name will not improve the appalling reputation this outfit has as an employer. By reputation, allegedly one of the worst outfits to work for and apparently run by a bunch of t*****s.

Apparently many of the pilots are desperate to find an alternative and many have already gone to other airlines where they at least have reasonable career prosepcts.

Some things never change - in 1995 over half the pilots resigned in a matter of months.

Perhaps it should have been more aptly re-named 'Last Choice' or even FCUK !!

pilot_will
12th Oct 2003, 19:20
Perhaps it should have been more aptly re-named 'Last Choice' or even FCUK !!

Viper52, I remember reading they have been voted best UK charter airline 8 times. They have my first choice :ok:

And I can see why people have been voting this.