PDA

View Full Version : West Bound Tracks 07Oct03

G-MANN
7th Oct 2003, 09:00
Just wondering if anyone could explain why todays westbound tracks are plotted directly over Tropical storm KATE.

Surely it would make sense to put the tracks a bit further north.

I would imagine operators would plan to avoid that area!!!

thecoltster
8th Oct 2003, 02:00
That's exactly what I thought today...anyone got any ideas? I routed my company's machine to the North in some good winds clear of the tracks. Didn't study Kate that closely as a result but interested to hear views of those that are or did today?...

limey lad
9th Oct 2003, 22:39
i work eastbound atlantic flights but just checked our westbounds for the 7th and they were all routed at least one degree north of the w-b nats. the nats are developed everyday based on the minimum time track from london to new york and vice versa. this becomes the middle track and the tracks are laid out one degree apart north and south of the minimum time track. these tracks often pay little heed to enroute weather, so any dispatcher worth his salt will plan accordingly. t-s kate was really falling apart by the 7th, but there were still significant build-ups. be intersting to hear what ride reports were like on the w-b nats that day.