PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury Aero Club - NZ

AIRWAY
6th Oct 2003, 22:46
Hi all,

I need your advice once again.

What do you guys from New Zealand think of the Canterbury Aero Club. I am currently looking for a change of scene to do my comercial licence and was advised by a friend who lives in NZ, of the above aeroclub/Academy. But i would also like to know the views of other pprune members who have done / are doing their licences at the Canterbury Aero Club in Christchurch.

Many Thanks

troppo
7th Oct 2003, 04:52
been nearly 10 years since i was there...on reflection...
good club/facilities
good fleet
good rates
good variety of flying if you want
jay a top man with some good yarns to tell:ok:

cjam
7th Oct 2003, 07:30
I was there a couple of years ago and agree with Troppo's comments, had a blast, loved being able to get into the mountains so quickly and found it valuable operating out of a busy airport but having W Melton (CAC's own strip) just five miles away. The city rocked as well with either surf or snow on tap and some good pubs for the instructors to lead you astray in. The club side is active as well with trips away with the local crusty flyers. I don't have another school to compare it with but still think it would be hard to beat. Hopefully it hasn't changed, it was starting to get a fair bit busier when I left.
laters, cjam

THISKIWICANFLY
8th Oct 2003, 11:30
Im doing my CPL/Multi IR there at the moment, and what those other guys have said is about right. However with full student loan funding the place is busy and they really try to rush you thru. Govt loan funding will be cut next year so things shouldnt be as busy, nor resources stretched. I personally think that they dont give you quite enough time for the classes and exams, but you could choose to space it out abit more if you asked - that is the only thing i would do differently. Apart from those gripes i would recommend it, the price is certainly right but you just dont quite get the same attention of the smaller clubs. Good luck

AIRWAY
10th Oct 2003, 21:16
Hello all,

Just to say thanks for the replies.

I have my my decision and i will go to New Zealand to check it out, and take things forward.

Thanks once again :ok: