PDA

View Full Version : Fire Bug at YMEN

Ang737
6th Oct 2003, 13:44
Hi All,

Anyone here more about the overnight arson attack on two hangars at Essendon... Which hangers, any aircraft damaged, etc etc...

Ang ;)

vee1-rotate
6th Oct 2003, 16:17
Apparently the Interair hangar. 2 fires lit, one about 10 and another round 11pm. No aircraft damage reported, if it spread could have done over about $2 milion worth of aircraft.

Mungrels, I drove out to EN yesterday to have a look around as I havent been for a while. If I had've seen their dirty little faces I would have sped up and run over them, then reversed back and run over them again. It's bad enough with the security precautions we have these days where you can hardly stand next to the fence to look at the planes without being harassed. This will no doubt just make it worst.

Heres the article:
Arson attacks on Essendon Airport
October 6, 2003

EXTRA police patrols are on duty at Melbourne's Essendon airport this morning after two arson attacks on hangars which could have caused $2 million in damage.

Only prompt action by a passing motorist and a Chubb security guard prevented hangar 12, which contained eight planes, from catching fire, a Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) spokesman said.

A nearby flammable good store was also threatened.

"The door of the hangar had been set alight and if the motorist and guard had not been able to pinpoint the fire for us, we would have not caught it in time," the spokesman said.

"The fire had nearly broached the door and was about to enter the hangar where eight planes worth around $2 million were parked.

"If the hangar had caught fire, then a flammable goods store only a wall thickness away would have gone up, too.

"It could have been catastrophic."

Two fires were set at the airport, he said: one at 10pm, when rubbish was piled against hangar two and set alight, and the hangar 12 fire about 11pm (AEST).

"This is a deliberate attack and extra police will be on duty there," the spokesman said.

AAP

I would have also thought the RFDS blokes would have picked up something was wrong quicker than the Qantas Sim people right across the road. Could have caught the people responsible and tied them down and beaten the crap out of them while waiting for the police....Hmmm:confused:

Ash767
7th Oct 2003, 00:18
ANG

Mate re edit your post and change "here" to "hear":D :D :)

Ash:ok:

Ang737
7th Oct 2003, 06:49
YFC.... Sorry for those who criteque my grammatical skills. I am writing it at work have quickly punch it out so the boss doesn't see... Oh hang on I HERE him coming now....

Ang ;)

Ash767
8th Oct 2003, 00:15
Why do bother rushing your typing, I am sure the boss knows you are good at looking busy doing nothing! :p :D

Ash767:ok:

robair
13th Oct 2003, 14:54
It was probably some one from a rival flying school :} :}