PDA

View Full Version : IAC Japan Contracts

leadfoot
6th Oct 2003, 11:36
Does anyone have any experience or info on general contract conditions with I.A.C. (an Australian recruitment agency).

They are talking about a possible requirement for 767 Captains for a domestic Japanese operation, but were not prepared to name the airline.

Arctaurus
19th Oct 2003, 19:11
The 2 domestic operators in Japan are Skymark and Air Do.

Regarding IAC, search this site for some information on them. Amongst contract operators, IAC seems to attract its fair share of criticism.

Viper52
20th Oct 2003, 16:26
Word around Tokyo is that most of the Captains that IAC contracted for Air Do are bailing out as quickly as they can.

Apparently Air Do's organizational skills leave a lot to be desired, roster patterns are terrible, hotels well below standard and the ex-pats never know far in advance when they will get days off to arrange their home leave.

It would be interesting to know exactly what the story is.

Statorblade
20th Oct 2003, 20:07
LF,

You need to choose VERY carefully who you work for in Japan.

If it is a question of the lack of support by IAC for its pilots or problems at Air Do, the answer is it's probably both.

Viper is right. The rumour mill is rife about issues with IAC and Japanese contracts.

Foreign Worker
24th Oct 2003, 15:45
I don't believe that it is IAC alone.
The common thread that appears to link all of the contracted pilots working in Japan, is the unwillingness/incapability of the Japanese to honour their contracts.
They might appear to be fast achieving the reputation of the most untrustworthy employers in aviation.

leadfoot
25th Dec 2003, 06:26
Thanks for the info:

Are IAC no longer supplying 767 crews to Japan ? (Waited 7 weeks and nothing more heard from them).

Just wondering if one or both of the domestic operators referred to above have decided to use the services of other employment companies ?

Climb to 350 has an advertisement from AIRSTAFF that would seem to be identical to that discussed originally by IAC.

PARC also still seems to be actively involved with both operators, so maybe they will be the better choice for future opportunities.

bateman
26th Dec 2003, 05:55
In regards to the Parc Aviation japanese contracts. I suspect that the japanese are the ones who are causing the problems, not the contract agencies themselves.

Having been through the Parc Q400 assessment, and waiting for a course date, I find that the information coming from Parc is seriously insufficient. The situation reflects very badly on Parc, and I would be extremely reluctant to place my career in their hands.

Perhaps its not their fault, but they should realise that ANA are making them look bad, and remedy the situation.