PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to Fly??

VH-KMH
5th Oct 2003, 19:46
Okay, I am about to start studing Aviation at University. The course is three years, and includes some practical (flying), all theory for the ATPL and eithre a command instrument rating or a instructors rating. I have to do most of my flying outside of university. By the time i finish the course i will have about 300 hours, and i will be 23 years of age. I also prefer to get my command instrument rating over the instructors. So this i want to ask:

To any Pilots of any kind, prefferably Airline Pilots, I would like to know how you went about gaining your License (ATPL), getting your hours (and how many and how long it took), and how you got a job in the airline industry as a pilot? And the best way you think to go about getting the ATPL and building hours now? And whether it is best to get the Command instrument rating or the instructors rating?

Any help or advice is much appreciated. I am so keen on flying for a commercial airline, but i would really like to hear some ideas from people who are there now, and there views on how i should go about it. :confused:

Thankyou! :ok:

KMH.