PDA

View Full Version : Medical certificate

VanderVlietm
5th Oct 2003, 07:43
Hi does anyone know if a Class 1 New Zealand medical would be valid in Botswana or do I have to get another Class 1 medical when i am in Botswana?

Thanks again,

Mike

skytops
7th Oct 2003, 14:22
You need both Mike. Your Bots license will be issued intitially on the condition that your NZ CPL is valid, which requires a valid NZ medical. Then you will need to get a Bots class medical to validate your Bots license. A fairly simple process once you've got a job there.

Just make sure your NZ class 1 has as much time as possible left on it - at least 6 months I'd say - so maybe a good idea to renew it before you leave NZ. Otherwise you'll have the problem I had, arriving in Bots with only a month left on my class 1. Had to go down to Joburg to a South African medical assessor who is registered with the NZ CAA to renew my NZ class 1.

helldog
7th Oct 2003, 16:21
Yeah skytops I had the same load of bull here in Tanzania. My Australian medical was not valid at all. So they said I would have to goto Joburg to get it done, as my licence was not valid. But my argument was that the licence WAS valid. I just could not fly Oz registered aircraft in commercial ops. They let it go and saved me heaps of money. When you think about it the licence itself is valid for ever, you just cant exercise the privilages of the licence without a medical. Well it says something like that in the rule books. Probablly spelt correctly there too!

But yes vande to avoid the trouble do as skytops says.

cheers

Kiwi Flyer
9th Oct 2003, 22:12
And the skytops option wasn't cheap either! But hey, you get to go to the big city!

KF