PDA

View Full Version : After the application is sent....

veeks
5th Oct 2003, 02:18
Hello All!

Just a quick question for those anyone who might know...

After sending Cathay the application packet, how long should one expect to wait?

Is it ok to call them to make sure they received it? I know it was delivered (tracking info from Fed-ex), but just want to make sure it eventually wound up in the correct hands.

If it is indeed not to obnoxious to call, is sending an email even better?

Also, I just sent it in within the last two weeks... pretty ridiculous to even be asking all this, but I'm eager to join.

Also, if they are not interested in you, do they send you a thanks, but no thanks letter?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Keep well,

bumboclot
5th Oct 2003, 03:13
cathay has always sent me a letter saying that they have received my correspondence, even when it was just an update form. don't think it would hurt to give them a call though. i applied and kept updating for nearly 3 years before getting a call for an interview. i guess patients and persistence is the key...
good luck!

veeks
5th Oct 2003, 03:30
Bumboclot Mon!

Cheers for the response. How much time did you have when you first applied to when you finally were interviewed? Did you get hired as a result?

Many thanks for your info.

Keep well

bumboclot
5th Oct 2003, 09:42
when i first applied i think i had just over 500 hours, got the call for the interview with around 3200 - almost all single engine time, with about half turbine. just recently did the initial S/O interview, now waiting to hear if i will be invited to round 2 in HK.