PDA

View Full Version : SIDs and STARS into ZRH

RUDAS
4th Oct 2003, 20:19
Hi there, any SAA people out there who can tell me what SIDs and STARS you typically fly into and out of ZRH? ive flown SAA plenty of times into ZRH and every time we seem to do a different arrival/dep routing, even sometimes going way up north to Lake Constance and then turning south.Do they just give radar vectors then?
Thanks in advance

ZRH
5th Oct 2003, 07:21
Firstly, Lake Constance is due east from Zurich and I have never seen an SAA aircraft fly over Lake Constance when dest is ZRH. The Frankfurt flights fly directly over Lake Constance, but nobody notices when youre at Flight level 380 and its dark outside!

You might have flown 2 different routes to ZRH depending on the time of day. Since the tighter noise regulations with Germany, all inbounds land on RWY28 until 7am on weekdays and until 9am on weekends and German public holidays.(remaining clear of German territory during those times). If the wx isn’t so good, then the landing rwy will either be 14 or 16 and the approach is over southern Germany until about 9nm final.

ive flown SAA plenty of times into ZRH and every time we seem to do a different arrival/dep routing,

Departure is always from rwy16 or rwy34 for the heavies. So at most you would've had 2 different SIDs.

Hope that helps

5th Oct 2003, 08:21
Hi RUDAS
You certainly seem to enjoy PPRUNE. I see your handle all over the place, asking questions like crazy, even on the French forum….(nothing wrong with a healthy appetite for knowledge), even though some folks will tell you that there is none to be found on the French forum.

PS. What was wrong with TAVLA or BOTAS? Were they already taken? :}

V1 Rotate
5th Oct 2003, 11:41
Hey RUDAS !!
What are you doing on the French Forum??
Not a spy are you ?

V1:E :E