PDA

View Full Version : The sun has set on Cityflyer

blackbox
4th Oct 2003, 15:38
The final Cityflyer ATR72 operated BA8194/DUS-LGW on 30th September 2003.

Both G-BVTJ & G-BVTK then positioned the following day to DNR(dinard) for stand down maint, not before doing a fly-past at LGW & ESH(shorham)..

All the Avro's are now operated by Citiexpress.

Another airline (a well run one at that!!) consigned to the history books!

Manual Reversion
4th Oct 2003, 16:30
Nice to see the fire station giving them a wash as they went on their way!

White Knight
4th Oct 2003, 17:36
Great company, great people and great flying.;)

Major Cong
4th Oct 2003, 19:59
Crap Money......

Suggs
4th Oct 2003, 20:14
Hopefully we'll get a Speedbirds 1 - 6 doing the same thing at LHR in a few weeks but only if the management pilots have the bottle.

cphflyer
4th Oct 2003, 20:19
Must be loads and loads of Spare Cheeseboards Floating around now??

Or were they "swiped" ;) ;)

Mike Oscar
5th Oct 2003, 02:20
And a bl**dy good party last night at the Social Club. Great to catch up with so many faces from the past, and a good night was had by all.

Thanks to AR and LA for organising a great event.

So when are we planning "Over and Out 3" ?

:ok:

beaver eager
6th Oct 2003, 18:25
I wish I'd seen the fire brigade doing the business, plenty of room at the south terminal now for your lot MO eh? Probably BA's biggest mistake at LGW. And WK, <<"Great company, great people and great flying.">> you're not on about Emirates again are you? ;)

You're right about the party MO. Some serious eye candy eh? Nice to see so many of the 'old boys' who helped make CFE what it was in attendance. Shame Ian Slight wasn't there, he was such a charismatic charachter and universally popular.

CFE may not have paid market leading Ts & Cs (which airline the size of CFE ever does?), but they created loads of opportunities for wannabes and many have prospered immensely thanks to their existence. It must be much harder for wannabes since CFE stopped its independent recruitment.

Someone (I'm not volunteering - maybe one of the 'much loved old boys' would have the time?) should keep a database of all ex-CFE employees and organize future events. If anyone's interested, I still have the database of members of the old CFE PPRuNe forum as a starting point. I suppose I would have to seek everyone's permission before passing on the info though due to data protection issues. Humbug.

Oh well... Onwards and upwards! R.I.P. CFE and good luck everyone!

PS. If anyone ever hears of anyone who's considering writing a book about the history of CFE (you do see similar - albeit more vintage airlines - books advertised in the back of The Log every month), I still have all the old Flight Crew Committee records which I am loath to throw away as they would be a valuable resource to anyone undertaking such a project. Being a saddo, I also have every memo pigeon-holed to me since I joined in 1996. So you now all know where to send anyone researching such a book.

Cheers all. Pete Burch