PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Training

Techo Taxi Driver
4th Oct 2003, 14:33
Hi there

Was wondering if anyone could give us a general run down on the process after you get in. ie.
1) What happens in Adeilade with the study?
2) Is it type training or ATPL type stuff?
3) If you already have an ATPL, do you have to fly that Duchess? 4) When do you get to have a play in that Lear 45? (that'd be cool).:ok:
5) How long before you get to start on the job and shift your family to HK?
6) Do you get paid while doing this?

Any information would be really appreciated

Cheers

TTD :D

404 Titan
4th Oct 2003, 18:39
Techo Taxi Driver

I’ll try and keep it short and sweet.

1. You are there for license conversion to HK CPL. If you have enough hours over 5700 kg in multi-crew operations they may give you an ATPL.
2. It is purely CPL training, i.e. Nine theory subjects and a flight-test in the Duchess. You will also do about seven sessions in a sim that looks a lot like a B737-200 with EFIS to practice multi crew stuff.
3. Yes.
4. Direct entry S/O’s and F/O’s on the freighter will never get the chance to fly the Lear 45. It is only for Cadets.
5. 3-5 months is the average. Most guys will shift their family to HK once they start their line training.
6. Yes.

Hope this helps.
:)

Techo Taxi Driver
5th Oct 2003, 04:43
Thanks 404:ok:

How many is enough hours? Got over 1000 in command on multi crew aircraft over 5700KG's

Cheers
TTD :O

404 Titan
5th Oct 2003, 13:59
Techo Taxi Driver

From memory and I could be wrong here as I haven’t looked at it for a while, I think you have to have 2500 hrs total including 500 hrs multi-crew over 5700 kg. As a matter of interest the CAD in Hong Kong don’t consider Twin Otter and Banderante time as true multi-crew time. According to them they are both single pilot aircraft.
:{ :rolleyes:

Techo Taxi Driver
6th Oct 2003, 09:14
Thats ok, hopefully my bandit and otter days are behind me...:)