PDA

View Full Version : Met Police?

STS
4th Oct 2003, 04:41
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this. I'm currently just south of the river in London and have noticed over the last few days that there seems to be a fair bit more activity than usual of the helicopter variety overhead. Someone told me that the Met police are increasing ops and I was wondering if this was true or what else it could be?

Bright-Ling
4th Oct 2003, 06:27
"just south of the river in London.."

....that narrows it down.

Maybe they are after you STS!

I haven't noticed any increase in their activity - they are simply always busy chasing those nasty criminals around.

3 cheers for the boys in blue.....! :)

STS
4th Oct 2003, 22:50
Ummm...thinking hard...sure I have been upstanding citizen of late...

samson.
5th Oct 2003, 06:51
I'm with you here STS - I have been in Waterloo and have recently noticed a big increase in activity. In particular, military helicopter activity. They can't all be on jollies...

Ascend Charlie
5th Oct 2003, 13:24
They are flying top cover for the dude in the plastic box hanging from the crane.:8

Bright-Ling
5th Oct 2003, 18:48
Sorry to disappoint - but I haven't noticed any extra increase recently in UKP251/252. Well - no more since 9/11.

Also - the military stuff is mostly on jollies. The AAC/RAF/and Navy are always going through the zone. After all - a trip on the Thames at low level is far more fun (and probably harder to fly accurately) than OCK-BIG-QE2! It is used as part of nav training by the Shawbury lot frequiently - routing through busy exacting routes is quite a challenge if not done before.

Maybe you are being watched, STS!?!?!

STS
6th Oct 2003, 00:48
I have been in Waterloo and have recently noticed a big increase in activity Hoorah. Am not paranoid. That's actually pretty close to where I am. Had someone opposite open their window the other day and shout "Bog off, I'm trying to watch CSI". So if it's military on a jolly or two can I request you interupt a pointless soap rather than quality programming.

Then again, maybe the Met have got cluey. They said they were going to bill that **** in the box for their protection. Could they be adding to the bill perhaps? Good job if they are.

J.A.F.O.
6th Oct 2003, 06:30
Perhaps sbiggee's visiting.