PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic LHR to LAX November 4th

Jinkster
3rd Oct 2003, 23:13
Will the pilots be scheduled yet for my flight.

Need any help guys I will be in the back?

I presume jump-seats are still out of the question.

Jinkster

hoofhearted
3rd Oct 2003, 23:56
Nov roster will be out around the middle of Oct.
Jump-seats are still a big NO-NO, and likely to remain so for the forseeable future.
If you just want a look at the flight-deck, then perhaps a quick look might be possible before push at LHR or after shut-down at LAX. Good luck.:ok:

Jinkster
4th Oct 2003, 06:12
Hoofhearted - a quick look before pushback would be great! Any tips for getting on before the rest of the PAX or shall I just post another post around the middle of october :ok:

Jinkster

PAXboy
4th Oct 2003, 21:46
Presuming that you are in Y, then get ready to board when they call for pre-boading of children and OAPs. Just be at the head of the queue but this may mean standing there for ten or more mins (newspaper time). If they board by row numbers, you will have to wait.

BUT if you start asking, the moment your foot hits the cabin floor - they will tell you to sit down! Bear in mind that they may have 400+ pax to board. If you are first on, they want to get the others on and if you are last on, they want to close up!

My suggestion is to wait until the end of the flight. If you must, wait until a quiet time in the sector - after the meal service, when people are snoozing. Give the staff time to eat their meal and rest before approaching them and make it clear that you are asking about a visit AFTER arrival!!

Jinkster
7th Oct 2003, 17:05
Paxboy,

I have sent VA an email to ask if I can visit the cockpit before push or after arrival at LAX. Will have to see what they say! If they are generous they may call my name before the PAX and get on first - who knows?

Thanks for all the help. I presume you have a few thousand sat down flying hours ;)

Jinkster

Jinkster
9th Oct 2003, 18:08
Is the November roster out yet?