PDA

View Full Version : 10 1900C's for Pelair

FL CH
3rd Oct 2003, 09:29
Looks like the Metro 3 days are just about up at Pelair. They already operate the old PACAV 1900C and now have plans to acquire up to another 10 1900C's.

Torres
3rd Oct 2003, 09:39
1900C's? Or D's? I would have thought the D model would be more the weapon of choise?

Gravox
3rd Oct 2003, 14:35
So what will happen to the full time metro drivers? Will they have to go out and spend$$$ on another type rating, or as they are full time drivers will the company pick up the tab for endorsements on to the B1900.

Well it's good to see that companies are replacing the old metros. They have done their time....

Traffic
3rd Oct 2003, 15:46
Probably going cheap now in AUD terms.

the last two prangs in the good ol'US of A probably means the boys with the tool boxes should not be laid off...especially those with rear end knowledge...

AD/DUNNY/01
3rd Oct 2003, 17:41
Inside source tells me that Mr Beechcraft/Ratheon rep was out Pel Air way a LOOOONG time ago and not only daddy but all in the op. were quite against the idea, the Metro's looked set to stay at they time. The acquisition of the PacAv 1900 came as a loss to Crane Air who INITIALLY ran the McGowan powered operation. Still apparently no closer to getting more 1900's...

druglord
3rd Oct 2003, 21:08
Any idea where they're coming from? ie I figure they're coming from raytheon, but who's the last operator? In any case you'd better look out, last time my company picked up a 1900 from raytheon it had to do 2 engine changes and a few days work to iron out all the problems and then some.

Sheep Guts
4th Oct 2003, 08:55
Well maybe Druglord your company bought a cheapy. Usually alot cheaper with high time donks. There are alot of 1900c abd ds around at the mo