PDA

View Full Version : Ward / C-130 Kill

Navaleye
2nd Oct 2003, 20:05
Jacko paints a false pickture of Ward's attitude towards his C-130 kill. They were re-supplying an enemy, bringing in troops and material to the last. IMHO, the Herc kill was MORE important than an A4 or Mirage and well worth crowing about. A bit worrying for truckies out there though. In reality they would all go the same way if they were to get caught up in a tangle with FJs.

Jackonicko
2nd Oct 2003, 20:19
Every reason for pride. Every reason for jubilation behind the wardroom door. But also every reason to exercise some tact and sensitivity in public.

And, remarkably, this sensitive, fluffy civvy opinion was originally expressed by another Falklands SHar pilot......

Navaleye
2nd Oct 2003, 20:31
If the USN had got that kill, you can be sure that they would hoot and holler about it for weeks. Unless I'm mistaken all Sharkey did was accurately describe the incident in his book. Nothing Jingoistic just an accurate description of the event. What am I missing?

Jackonicko
2nd Oct 2003, 20:39
I wasn't only referring to his book. I remember a few people being uncomfortable with what he said about the incident, especially during a couple of TV interviews. But I'm not trying to make a big deal about it, and I don't want to upset his fan club.....

And I have absolutely no problem with jingoism......