PDA

View Full Version : IR at Bristol

CIPO
2nd Oct 2003, 18:26
Hi all,

Looking to do my multi IR in the next few months. Has anyone had experiences of Bristol flying school and would like to share them????

Thanks.

reac
4th Oct 2003, 02:59
Hi Cipo,

I did my IR there in the winter of 2000. They are not the cheapest around, but the quality of training is excellent. The aircraft are well maintained, and I believe they have a new Sim now (with Visuals !!!!). I think you have made a good choice.

Cheers

REAC

PeteB
4th Oct 2003, 13:51
Hi there -
I completed my Multi/CPL/IR at bristol, just over a month ago. I have to say that I recommend them very highly. They may not be the cheapest - but you certainly get your money's worth. Very well maintained aircraft, excellent facilities, friendly and professional ops staff, and in my opinion, the most experienced, likeable, hard working and dedicated flight instructors that I have flown with so far. They also have an excellent on site CAA examiner, Graham Clifford, who made me feel as at ease as is at all possible in the nightmare scenario that is the IR test.

Everybody that was 'doing' some sort of course at Bristol when I was there also seemed to be very happy with the way things were handled.

I did my IR before the CPL and found that it worked for me and I would recommend it.

If you have any doubts, go and visit, talk to the Head of Training, Leigh (he is approachable really
;) ) Collins, and he'll answer any questions.

On a personal note, I'd like to say a public thank you to all at Bristol flying centre, including the excellent Nasib and Leigh, and of course the always helpful Matt in ops, for managing to get me through both my IR and CPL first time. Couldn't have done it without you!

Snigs
4th Oct 2003, 19:52
And don't forget Barnsey, always a happy chappy...... :\

Oh and yes, I'd recommend them, (from experience).

F3
5th Oct 2003, 01:29
Bristol Flying Centre is a superb FTO. Go for it!:ok:

Cait Sith
5th Oct 2003, 06:29
Ditto, likewise, et cetera et cetera.. But having had a bad experience -- very bad -- saying that about a good FTO is very definitely not lip service. I would, and do, recommend Bristol to anyone.