PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen Charts on CD

lineupandwait
2nd Oct 2003, 17:48
Does anyone solely use the Jeppesen Chart CD or do you still require the paper version?

Is it legal to use a print out?

I'm getting sick of updating mine.

Cheers

Capt Claret
3rd Oct 2003, 15:46
[list=1]
Yes, I'm waiting though for JeppView ver 3 which will include electronic downloads of the AIP, thus reducing the cost as postage (about US$40 odd p.a. I think) will be eliminated.
If it's not I know a few guys flying illegally! :eek:
[/list=1]

olderairhead
5th Oct 2003, 15:53
When you buy JeppView2 (the CD) you are permitted under the copyright laws to print out charts.

You are not permitted to copy the paper version tho. This is against copyright.

Got this from the sales people at Jeppesen in Melbourne.

lineupandwait
5th Oct 2003, 16:48
The Jeppesen website markets the product as a preflight tool, I didn't look around that much though.

Putting my question another way, does CASA consider it legal to use the print out in the cockpit in place of the original document?

I suppose it's like printing the AIP of the web and using the print out?

Cheers

ITCZ
5th Oct 2003, 23:02
Will that make it cheaper?

Last time I looked the Jeppview CD plus postage was more expensive than the traditional paper amendment service.

Capt Claret
6th Oct 2003, 11:38
I was speaking with Darren at Jepps in Melbourne this morning. JeppView3 beta testing is complete and it is expected to be available some time this year. The reason the current JeppView is dearer is that there are two lots of postage to be paid. Fortnightly CDs and the AIP paper service.

The anticipated renewal service cost is circa AUD$120 for electronic (internet) delivery of AIP manual and IAL charts. :ok: