PDA

View Full Version : Thai Pacific

BANANASBANANAS
2nd Oct 2003, 14:36
Does anyone have any info regarding Thai Pacific. I am interested in expat opportunities, terms, conditions etc and contact details.

Thank you

THINALBERT
5th Oct 2003, 13:47
Email me Bananas. I have some interesting information for you.

PIA747
7th Oct 2003, 13:29
The last i heard. They moved the Start up date to Dec 2003. Any recruitment information would be appreciated.

THINALBERT
7th Oct 2003, 18:45
Bananas, Check your mail box at WORK in a few days time. Some good news on its way to you.

ae-jacko
8th Oct 2003, 08:03
Why not post the details? I would love some info to, please.

varigflier
8th Oct 2003, 12:18
I would like information about Thai Pacific also.:ok:

flyingcrazy
9th Oct 2003, 09:21
Me too :)
Need some details about Thai Pacific Airways
Heard that they will use 744?not sure though..
Thanks in advance :ok:

FC

PIA747
10th Oct 2003, 00:39
New posting on climbto350.com, Thai Pacific is seeking B747-400, B747-200 & A310-300 Captains & First Officers.

http://www.flythaipacific.com

Hajj Man
11th Oct 2003, 20:54
I think the Chief Pilot is:

Captain Rikit.

THAI PACIFIC AIRLINES,
19th Fl., Le Concorde Tower,
202 Ratchadapisek Rd., Huaykwang,
Bangkok 10320,
Thailand.

Tel: +662-694-1077
Fax: +662-694-1078

Web Site: http://www.flythaipacific.com

PIA747
12th Oct 2003, 00:29
Hajj Man: The name of the chief pilot is Capt Abdul Sabur, he is a Captain on the B747-400 & B747 Classic.

PIA747
20th Oct 2003, 10:17
Thai Pacific Airlines has delayed its launch until 1 December and has switched its initial aircraft type from Boeing 747-200s to Boeing 747-400s.
The start-up carrier was planning to launch on 1 October using two 747-200s dry leased from Kuwait Airways. Thai Pacific now plans to launch on 1 December with 747-400s, marketing director Kawin Chaiyakiat says from Bangkok.
The carrier plans to begin with a daily nonstop Bangkok-Sydney service and five flights per week between Bangkok and Seoul Incheon.
"We have to make sure everything is of a certain standard and you know there is a lot of training for flight attendants and captains," Kawin says when asked why the airline delayed its launch by two months.
Thai Pacific has yet to take delivery of its aircraft even though in late September it secured an Air Operators Certificate (AOC).
Kawin says Thai Pacific is due to sign a contract tomorrow to dry lease two 747-400s from an undisclosed supplier and the long haul aircraft will be delivered by mid-November. Thai Pacific decided against getting the -200s because too much work needed to be done on the aircraft and this would have pushed back the delivery dates, says Kawin.
"Of course the -400 is a newer model so there is also less expenses" in terms of maintenance work, he adds.

Source: Air Transport Intelligence news

There is another article on Thai Pacific airlines here: www.centreforaviation.com/article/article/9749.htm

does anybody have access to this?

Hajj Man
22nd Oct 2003, 20:25
I am sorry I got the name wrong on the chief pilot.

Thanks

Hajj Man.:ok:

Hajj Man
7th Nov 2003, 16:22
Anyone have any more information on The Thai Pacific Airlines?

Your information will be appreciated.

Also PIA747 the spelling on the Chief Pilots name is SABOOR. I just found that out and just wanted guys/gals to know this incase you send him a letter.

Thank you

Hajj Man:ok:

CFIT
8th Nov 2003, 21:20
Looks like they are going to bring in 6 ex-SIA A310 in addition to the B747. Does anyone have any more info. about this? What kind of routes, and what are the requirements for pilots?

Ready
11th Nov 2003, 01:29
They're on their second round of advertisement on Climbto350.com
Either they cannot find qualified pilots, or they want to know how cheap they can pay their crews.
A310 captain will get approximately 5000us per month plus per diem (which should be minimal) and nothing else. No cummuting allowed. Could be ok if you go there on your own. With a family, kids going to school etc. huuummmm????
Cheers!

Hajj Man
11th Nov 2003, 14:44
I heard the first flight is going to be Bangkok- Sydney on December 1 st on the 747-400.

11th Nov 2003, 20:29
This ad was run on FliteJobs.com (http://www.flitejobs.com) recently too. I've applied and have thus far received a company application form which I've now returned.

Keep you posted... :ok:

Hajj Man
14th Nov 2003, 11:29
Found this on the internet..................

The New Paper - 07 Aug 2003

Nod for Thai doc to start new airline

HE'S more at home with allergies, but Thai allergy doctor Wasant Singhamanee has taken to the skies.

With no experience in the aviation industry at all, he will head new Thai airline Thai Pacific Airlines (TPA), reported The Bangkok Post.

The airline, which will start operations in October, was announced only this week.

This was shortly after Thai Deputy Transport Minister Pichet Sathirachawal granted it traffic rights to operate scheduled services from Bangkok to Sydney, Seoul, Osaka and Honolulu.

The announcement sent shockwaves across the industry.

UNWISE?

With the travel industry just emerging from the doldrums, launching a new airline seemed inappropriate, if not, unwise.

It will be the seventh airline in Thailand.

There is also scepticism about the viability of the venture in the hands of a newcomer.

A case in point is the designated second national carrier launched by the Bencharongkul family, Angel Air, which has spent more time on the ground than in the air.

TPA will first lease two Boeing 747-200s from Kuwait Airways and purchase them three years later. The aircraft will be repainted with TPA's logo in bright orange and deep green.

In the early stage, only one aircraft would be put into the TPA service, sources said.

The plan to create TPA began late last year to fulfill Dr Wasant's childhood passion of flying.

TPA will start recruiting flight attendants and other staff next week. The company already has a Filipino pilot and two Thai co-pilots to fly the first jumbo jet.

How Dr Wasant is financing the business was not disclosed.

However, insiders said the physician, who is in his 50s, would rely on the money he earned from his allergy clinic to get TPA off the ground.

Dr Wasant could not be reached for comment yesterday.

Sources said the new airline would offer prices in the range of 15 per cent lower than Thai Airways to attract passengers in the initial stages.

It will emphasise superior cabin comfort, such as better seats and wider pitch - inherited from Kuwait Airways - as added attractions.

Xatrix
14th Nov 2003, 17:53
Does anyone have anymore info as to whats on offer for the 400 crew? Is Thai Pacific likely to actually get off the ground. Do they have A/C yet? I understand that the owner is related to the PM Thaksin, which I'm sure helps :)

Cheers,

Xatrix

ps

khawtort nong squid, mee hee men mai?

Flame Out
8th Dec 2003, 12:57
What's going on with TPA? Have they fall off to the way side of Thai Flying and Angel Air (previous start ups that never made it. Nice offices and furniture however)???

:ok:

CFIT
9th Dec 2003, 01:23
Seems highly likely that the history may repeat itself once again my friend. No money, no party!!!

cadence
20th Dec 2003, 11:02
Has anyone heard when this operation might finally start?

Flame Out
21st Dec 2003, 00:15
Rumor has it that they are planning to wet lease Orient Thai 74s to do the initial BKK - SYD run. Angel Air wet leased Orient Thai 1011 to do their BKK - HKG run before folded up their tent too...hmmm...

CFIT you might be right on this one...:E

FO Cokebottle
26th Dec 2003, 09:27
TPA dry leased an Orient B747C for its first run on the 20th Dec. Their departure was delayed out of BKK and subsequently missed curfew in Sydney and had to divert to MEL. Flew to SYD next morning.

TPA are wet leasing a L1011 from Orient for its 30th Dec flight.

FO C.