PDA

View Full Version : Warmest Thanks to RAF Fliers

BoeingMEL
2nd Oct 2003, 04:24
Hope I may be permitted to use this site to record my sincere admiration and gratitude to all those Hawk, Tornado and Harrier pilots who fly low (legally) and turn behind my home in Ross on Wye near Hereford. Having recently been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (at age 47 for goodness sake) and lost my fw and rotary CPL licences as a result, these daily displays bring immense warmth and detract for a few moments the walking cane, tremors and useless right eye. Bless you all. bm

Captain Kirk
2nd Oct 2003, 20:08
BM,

Deepest sympathies over your condition. Do you live outside of the town? If so, why not add your OS Grid (and an aerial pic of your house if you have one). I can't help personally for the moment but but good targets are always useful. No promises!

CK

P.S. What's wrong with Jags? (PPRuNers need not reply!!)

stillin1
4th Oct 2003, 01:19
Ditto to the post above.
Nothing like a good comao in someones back garden:cool:

PPRuNe Pop
4th Oct 2003, 02:05
BM. Of course, much sympathy, but if you can get a few more private flybys now and again to add to your pleasure, you go right ahead.

The guys will do what they can.

Anyway, I am sure they recognise that you have not uttered one word of bitterness about that which has befallen you. I'd take a bet that you will enjoy the coming days!

PPP

Casper_T_Ghost
4th Oct 2003, 17:03
Sorry to hear that BM, but I'm glad you appreciate us flying past. I know a lot of us Hawk boys and girls head down your way when the weather's bad up North, (which is quite often these days!)

I shall endeavour to pop down on Monday for you with a couple of mates, and if you see the bounce before I do please let me know!
All the best, Casper.

BoeingMEL
5th Oct 2003, 05:09
I have been so touched by the generous and compassionate replies to my post. Bitter? Absolutely no time... have been setting up a new charity msfriendsuk.org to provide short breaks for other ms sufferers. (Sorry, I forgot to mention the Jags, Chinooks and Hercs but have already written to COs at Odiham and Coltishall expressing gratitude and appreciation) Bless you all.. looking out on Monday! (235N610W) bm

Chris Kebab
5th Oct 2003, 20:21
Err please don't write too many letters!

Lost me there with that L&L.

R-on-W is about 51 55N 02 35W. Are you N/E/S/W of the town?

It's says Wiltshire on you location on-screen?!

Your not an ex-nav are you!

BoeingMEL
5th Oct 2003, 20:30
Sorry Chris... am approx 1.5 nm SE from town-centre. BM

trium16
7th Oct 2003, 18:50
Mel mentioned to me in an e-mail you guys did him proud

makes me proud to be british

keep up the good work and god save the queen!

PPRuNe Pop
9th Oct 2003, 02:26
I have also had a heartwarming PM from Mel. He is pleased beyond words that "you guys" have given him a lot of pleasure with the flybys. I am sure he would like a few more!

Hey Mel, better keep the letters under wraps for a while ;)

Good luck in your endeavours with your new website.

Good luck.

PPP :ok: