PDA

View Full Version : The Sun goes down on Britannia ops.

Captain Slogg
1st Oct 2003, 20:40
:{ :{

Please spare a moments thought at midnight tomorrow-
0200 Friday morning to be precise-as Britannia ops is handed over to Hapag Lloyd ops in Hanover.
They want it know as the GOC-Group operations centre-but everyone knows that it is Hapag LLoyd ops in all but name.
(Crewing will remain at Luton).
I would like to post a tribute to the finest bunch of people that anyone could have wished to work with.
To those that are staying I wish you luck-I think you will need it.
To those that are going-the very best of luck in your new careers or ventures.
Thank you also to all the handling agents and airlines that have supported us over the years. I hope we have not made your lives too stressfull.
:{ :{

traffic10
1st Oct 2003, 21:32
It will indeed be a sad day. I had the pleasure of speaking to Luton during my time at Servisair in Manchester and can quite honestly say you were head and shoulders above the rest.

May I wish each and everyone of you all the very best for the future on behalf of all ex Servisair Manchester employees.

Cheers:ok:

thetexpat
1st Oct 2003, 22:06
And from a former member of the initial MON & DAN OPS teams at LTN I wish ya'll the very best in your futures! The industry just ain't what it was!
thetexpat:sad:

JoyDivision
1st Oct 2003, 23:09
Wish all of you at BAL ops the best of luck. Like many at Servisair (some years ago) always found Brit ops to be professional and friendly.

It is a real shame that an airline with BALs history is now being controlled elsewhere, I really think that airlines with UK registered a/c should have their ops control in the UK.

A sad day, but good luck all.

Big Tudor
1st Oct 2003, 23:55
Good luck and farewell to the best Ops dept in the World. (Well I would say that wouldn't I).

I think it's a bit mean to hand over at 02:00. They could have done it earlier so the night shift could have caught last orders in the Flying Club, just like the old days.

VIKING9
2nd Oct 2003, 01:28
Yep, a damn fine bunch. Good luck to you all.

:confused: what ever happened to Womble ??

MriyaDream
2nd Oct 2003, 10:49
:{ :{ Yes a sad time indeed, I will have a whiskey in hand at alloted time to say farewell. Four years of great social times, much beer in the almost world famous LTN Flying Club, good friends etc Good luck to all who are still there in LTN or in HAJ (well, some anyway:p ).....:sad: Must say the first few years were the best, some of you know where I'm coming from.....

Mixed feelings re above, I should have been in HAJ :mad: but a few nameless individuals made sure I got shown the door. :{ :* Still, must'nt be bitter & twisted.:rolleyes:

Anyway back to my nightshift

:zzz: Good luck guys, & thank you....:) Brgds MriyaDream

The Highlander
2nd Oct 2003, 14:37
A sad day indeed, but interesting that we dont seem to get any feedback positive or otherwise from the expats in the go centre.
come on guys tell us what it is like in Hapag ops.

Like all other posts on this topic a great bunch to work for, shame I had to leave (well a shame for me anyway)
good luck to all and my best wishes to all for the future.

The Highlander

G fiend
2nd Oct 2003, 16:01
Many thanks for all your kind words.

For all those interested, there will be a leaving do for the first three members of the escape committee (dog, lem and birdy) to get over the wire at 19:30hrs on Oct 09 at the Whitehouse in Luton.

Highlander, the POW's are falling by the wayside! I'm told another two are comin' home!

yarmouth
3rd Oct 2003, 05:11
The sun may be going down, but none of what was achieved by a
b- good gang will be forgotten.

The end of an era, good luck to all in your new ventures.

The Colditz internees had a highly regarded reputation with all agencies around the world, and it was the poeple involved who made that reputation.

From an old guard escapee/deserter.

CC:ok:

blackbox
4th Oct 2003, 15:26
Sad day for British aviation, the "ops job" is doomed..

Best of luck to all those involved!

green mover
6th Oct 2003, 04:22
hi guys just a quick note on my last night shift to say
a huge thanks to all the people that i have come across whilst working here at bal ops over the last 15 years. nothing will be able to take away the fantastic memories i have of my time here.
as vinnie said 'it's been emotional!'
cheers matt

OpsMushroom
7th Oct 2003, 04:45
All good things must end they say.....
All the best to one and all

Logic!!:mad:

capital1
8th Oct 2003, 07:35
Cheers guys

I only spent a year with you in 97/98 but thoroughly enjoyed it, a good team and it will take a lot to beat it.

Good luck to all of you

Capital 1

Courtman
8th Oct 2003, 23:10
BALOPS Memorial Site (http://www.balops.net)

We've set up a site for all the old BAL staff to keep in touch. Aviation is a small world, I'm sure that we'll all end up working together somewhere...

The best of luck to everyone from BAL in future ventures. Its a shame that this all happened, only now its gone are people realising what BAL had...

delay code
12th Oct 2003, 19:36
For the final death knell is the night shift of 16-17 October when HAJ take over. Working with an system (IDPS) that went out with the Ark.There is not alot more to say but bring back IOS

Captain Slogg
13th Oct 2003, 23:25
As we all know the company is shortly planning to announce its new aircraft acquisitions.
Perhaps it will announce an order of new 737-200`s or Britannias to bring it up to date with its new computer system IDPS?

delay code
15th Oct 2003, 03:06
I favour the Britannia's-slow like IDPS