PDA

View Full Version : How about Friendliest Handling Agents

www.dot2dot.com
1st Oct 2003, 20:05
After seeing the thread on "Nicest Ops Staff", what about The Friendliest Handling Agents !!!

Always manage to have a good laugh with the boys at Beauport in Jersey, so come on, hwo do you all rate and why ?????

GlobeGrounder
14th Oct 2003, 05:54
Good thread but just goes to prove that you have to work for an airline to be a part of the aviation world...............not.

Come on guys..what do you think of the 'handling monkeys'

:p :p :p

preston
29th Oct 2003, 03:04
Hi all

If it a friendly handling agent you want, come and check us out at Coventry Airport Handling at guess where??

Yep you got it

COVENTRY!!!!!

The best located airport in Britain

And some of us ops lads are pretty good looking:} :yuk: :{

brgds

p:=

acmi48
29th Oct 2003, 19:59
on my travels

gulf pearl company tripoli !!!!

prestwick handling

hahn airport handling

kenyan aerotech

signature huntsville

and the worst.....

nigerian airways ilorin

egeebee
23rd Jan 2004, 12:04
My vote goes to Midwest Exec at Coventry. Won fith in Europe on the EBAN FBO census in their first year of trading. Always make us welcome when we visit, excellent staff and very professional.

I hear that they have now opened in NQY, with more to follow soon. Not been there, but spoke to some buddies that have and they say its superb.

RP

capt.sparrow
2nd Feb 2004, 14:04
EGBE? from bristol? come on you work in cov dont you? Its amazing they got 5th in the EBAN survey isn't it? Anyone with access to CFMU check out the flights per day! Must be a hell of a load of VFR traffic heading coventrys way. Was talking to a bloke who works in the hangars there, was asked if they could fill out some EBAN forms in different coloured pens!

egeebee
3rd Mar 2004, 14:36
Well Capt Sparrow,

You assumed wrong. I don't mind telling you that egeebee is derived from my initials Eddie George Barnsfield actually. Capt that is. I live in Clifton, Bristol and work at Filton and many people know me that can verify this. Anyway, why criticise me when you proport to originate from Greece!

If you want to start something on the Eban FBO surveys then consider why when it was the survey cards that Universal Stansted ALWAYS came first, when strangely enough the publishers of EBAN are STANSTED PRESS, based at STANSTED. Funny how this year when the system was changed and STANSTED PRESS couldn't show a bit of neptuism that NEA Manchester came top...Well done David and the gang...a GENUINE win.

I do know the guys at Midwest Exec though. Nice to see a new start up coming from private money investment by a few aviation professionals that are passionate about what they do and not a large mutinational Blue Chip Co. These will be the ones to watch. They have Coventry, Newquay, rumour is that a third is about to be announced and hear talk of 4-5 by then end of 2004. Watch out Execair!

Daifly
4th Mar 2004, 05:40
Oh come on Egeebee, one look at your 9 posts and they're all about the handling agents at Coventry and St Mawgan!

Don't get me wrong, the guys at Coventry and the ex-BA gang at NQY are great, we use both on our frequent visits (more frequent to the West Country) and are pleased that they're doing well - they are after all ex-Execair working management, so they were well placed to know the pitfalls of Exec Handling. And, in defence of your comment re. Execair, they began many years ago in the same way as Midwest as a small company which had nothing to do with any big blue chip (Menzies).

I think your comment about EBAN Magazine's survey is potentially libellous however - certainly I'm sure if you're that concerned you should have contacted Richard and asked to see the replies...

But, to bring it back onto the topic I'd go for:

Signature Luton
Execair Scotland in general
Executive Flight Services Dubai
Feras Moscow

capt.sparrow
12th Mar 2004, 01:37
well i guess that as i was born in greece my family and ancesters are greek i suppose you could say i was from greece. I just have a better grasp of english than i'm sure you do of greek sir!