PDA

View Full Version : easyJet - 4 p's

dfearns
1st Oct 2003, 01:04
As part of my GCSE coursework, i have to explore and analysis the 4 p's of a company. The 4 p's are:

Price
Product
Promotion
Placement

I have been on the easyJet site, and have some useful information from the info pack, but any of ur opinions on any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any information on their promotion is appreciated.

thanks in advance for your help!!

DFearns

(if you would like a copy of the completed piece of coursework, please send me a message, and i will arrange a copy to be sent to show what your help has gone towards)

LGS6753
1st Oct 2003, 02:57
It's good to see some basic marketing being taught at GCSE. Although I don't intend to do your assignment for you - how about looking at what is unique or unusual about easyJet's pricing (dynamic), product (no-frills), promotion (internet sales) and placement (quality but cheap).
I appreciate that these things are commonplace now, but when EZY started they were innovative.
Best of luck.

dfearns
1st Oct 2003, 04:31
LGS6753,
thanks for your reply, as u have said, i dont intend ppl to do my project for me, i am just looking for some general guidance towards the way the 4 p's are applicable to easyJet, and thought ppl in the industry would be able to answer some questions i had to help me get 'under the skin' of easyJet, and look past the info pack provided.

I am especially interested in where i can obtain info about their bill board adverts, because these would sit nicely within the promotion part, and this is the part i am finding the least info on.

as i said, any info recieved is greatly appreciated!

U/S President
1st Oct 2003, 04:39
As I understand it, in the standard interpretation of the 4 Ps, place (or placement as you called it) should refer to where/how the product is sold (i.e. the 95% via the internet) not where the product sits within the market. This should be covered under product.

And promotion should refer more to advertising, public relations, AIDA responses, etc. But of course, where the low-cost airlines are concerned, the advertising and distribution channels overlap because their internet sites are used for both – so I guess the internet site can get a mention under promotion too, like LGS6753 said.