PDA

View Full Version : Air 2000 name change

jmc-man
30th Sep 2003, 23:19
Rumour around MAN is that Air 2000 are about to rebranded First Choice.

I suppose this is in keeping with the sectors brand awareness drive...( MyTravel, Thomas Cook etc etc)

I suppose the original name seems a bit outdated now....and was probably due an upgrade anyway.

Final 3 Greens
1st Oct 2003, 00:06
I wonder if they will still be known as 'Air 2 Bob', if they change their name?

beamer
1st Oct 2003, 00:09
Perhaps more than just a name change - three line whip to attend !

mjenkinsblackdog
1st Oct 2003, 01:32
2 bob with a sickly uniform.
Any other c@ckups!:cool:

Pontious
1st Oct 2003, 01:43
mjenkinsblackdog

That,my K-9 friend, is a matter of opinion. Great bunch of people, damn fine equipment with varied and interesting flying. I wish them all well. I spent 6 fun-filled years there and I was sorry to leave.

:ok:

Dan Winterland
1st Oct 2003, 05:33
But horrid uniforms. Flew with them earlier this year - had to wear my Foster Gs in the cabin :D

Norman Stanley Fletcher
1st Oct 2003, 06:44
A little bird told me that the new airline will be called 'First Choice Airlines'. The little bird also told me that it is more than just a name change as it may involve very close cooperation between Air 2000 and MyTravel (merger?). Remember - you heard it here first!

BoeingBoy
1st Oct 2003, 15:46
A business update for all staff is being held at the Bridgwater Hall in Manchester on Monday the 6th of October. As a lot of staff are being bussed/planed in for this it is obvious to us that something big is in the offing.

However the 'mergermongers' would do well not to get too excited as this presentation has been known about for some time and the city would not seem to have reacted to it with any interest. (FC down 2p yesterday, MYT static)

We suspect that a new airline name and a change in marketing strategy is coming with a view to win back those who now use low cost airlines and book their hotels on the net.

Also the quality of long haul holidays looks to be improved.

Watch this space on the 6th!!

FormerFlyer
1st Oct 2003, 17:12
Boeing Boy - spot on :ok:

Not just the airline going - the tourop & First Choice Retail too.

Shame as I'm down Estepona way on the 6th for my jols, otherwise would have been there myself.

Keep your eyes peeled here for the latest.

cheers ;)

FF

GWYN
1st Oct 2003, 17:24
Is there any significance of the arrival next week (I think) of a new Ops. Manager, in P..... S........, ex BACX?

Scottie Dog
1st Oct 2003, 18:03
Which airline has a pink uniform?

I was at Manchester T2 on monday evening and saw a bunch of flight attendants in a pink uniform. Any answer for a curious person?

BoeingBoy
1st Oct 2003, 20:50
Scottie, yes that's us. The old shell suits went out earlier this year.

Gwyn, the old ops manager is currently concentrating more on the commercial side of the company. His position is now given to the ex-BACX manager to concentrate on improving the efficiency of ground ops.

Back on topic I note that the FC share price is down 3p as of 1350. So whatever is cracking off is not firing up the city that's for sure.

gizmogaz
1st Oct 2003, 22:54
Incidently, firstchoiceairlines.co.uk was purchased in February this year by firstchoice holidays, so looks like FC are going down the same route as MYT and TCX....

timmcat
1st Oct 2003, 23:02
...suppose its better than 'Last Resort'.. ;)

Max Angle
2nd Oct 2003, 01:05
Which airline has a pink uniform? Thinks you will find it is the new TUI (Brittania in the UK) uniform. I am told the troops hate it and it;s not hard to see why.

FlyboyUK
2nd Oct 2003, 01:27
I have a mate who works for First Choice Retail. The suggestion has been around for some time to bring all the different holiday shops that they own under the banner of First Choice. My guess is they are trying to simplify things and create a single brand for shops, airline etc

(Although MYT were going to do the same thing, but the shops stayed as Going Places at the 11th hour)

gizmogaz
2nd Oct 2003, 01:55
Air 2 Bob, have a pink uniform too, it's the same for FChoice Holiday reps in resort, it's keeping the brand image and have one identity as a group... the plot get's thicker!:hmm:

maninblack
2nd Oct 2003, 20:11
According to Companies House

Name & Registered Office :
FIRST CHOICE AIRWAYS LIMITED
FIRST CHOICE HOUSE, LONDON ROAD
CRAWLEY
WEST SUSSEX
RH10 9GY
Company No. :04879656
Date of Incorporation : 28/08/2003

Country of Origin : United Kingdom
Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature Of Business (SIC(92)):
Accounting Reference Date : 31/08
Last Accounts Made Up To :
Next Accounts Due : 28/06/2005
Last Return Made Up To :
Next Return Due : 25/09/2004

MiB

I had a black shirt, but I wasn't one.

BoeingBoy
3rd Oct 2003, 04:28
Thanks Maninblack,

I'll put this out on the company forum. It'll be interesting to see what else is coming alongside this name change. As stated before, I suspect that the company is looking into a new way to market holidays, so we'll see.

iwish
6th Oct 2003, 17:36
Does that make them First Choice UK or "FCUK" !!

Ms Spurtle
7th Oct 2003, 00:02
Well it's official!
Starting tomorrow (Tues 7th October) it's First Choice Airways.

Complete rebrand including a/c relogoed complete by 1 May 2004.

Bye Bye AMM :(

BoeingBoy
7th Oct 2003, 02:31
This is the press release.

FIRST CHOICE UNITES TRAVEL OFFERING
- First Choice Holidays PLC announces name change -

Leading travel company First Choice Holidays PLC, today announces that its UK and Ireland retail businesses - Travel Choice, Travel Choice Express, Bakers Dolphin and Holiday Hypermarkets - will all operate under the First Choice name. The Holiday Hypermarkets will be known as First Choice Holiday Hypermarkets, while the high street stores will become First Choice Travel Shops. In addition, award-winning airline, Air 2000 becomes First Choice Airways.

The name change will benefit consumers by bringing greater clarity to the booking process, bringing it all under the First Choice banner. The decision was made after an extensive review of what consumers value when booking a holiday, which demonstrated that in the current climate consumers feel more secure when booking with a well known, trusted brand.

Dermot Blastland, Managing Director UK and Ireland commented: ‘As the First Choice Group has expanded customers may, in the past, have booked at Travel Choice, flown on Air 2000 and holidayed at a First Choice resort, without realising they all fell under the First Choice banner. By bringing the brands under one name, the whole experience will be First Choice from start to finish and one seamless service.“

First Choice Travel Shops and First Choice Holiday Hypermarkets will continue to offer the same services, including a whole range of holidays from over 400 travel companies, ranging from tour operators to cruise lines and car hire companies to coach tours or UK breaks.

The company has been trialling a variety of looks for its retail outlets and these will be rolled out nationally, over the autumn.

The Air 2000 fleet is already visually similar in style to First Choice and therefore changes will be minor and will be made over the autumn and winter months.

All other businesses will retain their existing names and continue to operate as normal.

bagpuss lives
7th Oct 2003, 03:05
Any ideas as to the possible future RTF callsign?

Wycombe
7th Oct 2003, 04:23
No mention of Hayes & Jarvis, so I guess that's one old name that's staying.

(About to do my second long-haul holiday with them - prices for same Hotels/Resorts consistenly cheaper than BA Holidays/Virgin Territory/Kuoni etc)