PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian Airforce Tucano display team

Boy_From_Brazil
29th Sep 2003, 19:41
I had the pleasure of watching one of their 30 minute displays on Sunday. What an inspired team, plenty of latin flair. I particularly liked the very hairy 7 ship simultaneous cross-over. If any of you guys are members of PPRUNE, I offer my congratulations to a very professional group of pilots.

BFB

bluetail
29th Sep 2003, 20:04
Got to agree with that, I saw them at Nellis about 5 years ago, they were really good, its just a shame that a Japanese outfit called "Blue Impulse" were at the same show and were even better, or they would have stolen the show

Many restrictions is the cause in Europe I fear, I once saw the USAF Thunderbirds twice in a month, once in the States, they were great, lots of low & fast, saw them again just after in the UK, they were awful, to high, to far away and very boring (just flyby's).

Makes you think

hairyclameater
30th Sep 2003, 00:00
A little bit TOO low and TOO fast if the last Thuds show was anything to go by..... Remember to pull out after the half cuban...!

The Thuds fly the same show wherever thay are just as any team does. Makes no sense to change to varying international rules.
Only difference is the are manically OTT when it comes to overflying anyone or anything. In the states most venues are gi-normous and the "active" side is usually the airfield itself for as far as the eye can see.In Europe, bases are much smaller and theres usually some population close by, hence the distance from the crowd increases - anyone remember being in the press team at Mildenhall for the last Thuds bash?? I think they eventually moved us to Newmarket before they were happy.

Having said all that I still like 'em - plenty of power and noise and the viper is probably THE display jet.- cant believe they've had them for 2 decades!Even the Reds have flown the Hawk for 23 years now - unreal!

Got to agree about the Brazilian and Jap teams- both superb. However is this just because we had'nt see them before??