View Full Version : Virus Problem

Compass Call
29th Sep 2003, 07:10
I have just run TREND MICRO virus checker and it has found the following virus:
TROJ_FEMAD.A located in C: \RESTORE\ARCHIVE\FS176.CAB*A00252

It reports that it is not cleanable and trying to delete the file results in a message telling me it cannot be deleted because it is in use. I asked TREND MICRO what the virus was and it reported that it did not exist in it's database!! I ran NORTON and NORTON did not find it!! I checked and my virus definitions are up to date.

Questions:
Do I have a virus?
If so how do I get rid of it?
Why does TREND MICRO report a virus but then tell me it does not exist?
If it is a virus why does NORTON not find it?

If anybody can help solve this problem I would be very grateful.
Thanks in advance,

CC

Compass Call
30th Sep 2003, 05:43
tcs

Thanks for the info, it's a great help. I am still interested in answers to my other questions. Can anybody else shed any light on the problem?

CC

Naples Air Center, Inc.
30th Sep 2003, 08:56
Compass Call,

Are you sure it was spelled TROJ_FEMAD.A? I cannot find any reference to that Trojan.

If the Trend Micro found the virus, that means you have had it on your computer and it is now in your restore files.

There are several reasons why Norton did not pick it up. Some of the most likely reasons are that either a virus disabled Norton or Norton has not been updated to include that Trojan in its search.

Take Care,

Richard

Compass Call
5th Oct 2003, 06:53
Naples Air Centre, Inc.

That was the correct spelling as came up on the TREND report.
I have disabled Win ME Restore and tried to delete the said file but this was denied. I then ran another virus scan by TREND and it auto cleaned it. All very strange but I'm glad that the problem seems to be resolved.

Thanks to all for your input.

CC

Naples Air Center, Inc.
6th Oct 2003, 02:00
Compass Call,

Glad to hear you are all set.

Take Care,

Richard