PDA

View Full Version : Nicest OPS Staff

flyingmach.79
28th Sep 2003, 13:10
just out of complete fun and interest really, but who in everyones opinion is the most fun and accomodating operational staff?

the areas that need to be considers are telphone manner, humour and ability to do the job answer your question and still remain serious.

Taff Lad
28th Sep 2003, 17:30
It has to be Britannia Ops in Luton!!

OpsMushroom
28th Sep 2003, 17:32
Shame it's being 'outsourced' to HLF in HAJ!!

rosario
28th Sep 2003, 18:01
I agreed with Ops Mushroom-the days are now ticking away for the change over-second of October.
Great place to work and good team

OpsMushroom
28th Sep 2003, 18:22
:-) Anyone else from the BALOPS 'Mafia' going to join in? :ok:

opsjockey
28th Sep 2003, 21:36
Hello,

We are often talk with Excel Opps and Excel 24hr (hi tony!)in the UK. They always are happy and nothing ever is to much trubble. we ask them to do things and it is done (even at all hours of the night) Very proffessional and they always full of joy. keep it up Excel opps!

srs what?
28th Sep 2003, 22:08
Yep, speak to Excel 24 all the time and Ops sometimes. Always come across friendly, helpful and professional.

Taff Lad
28th Sep 2003, 22:48
Yer Excel ops are good too! Good staff and professional :ok:

flyingmach.79
29th Sep 2003, 02:50
yeah i have many dealings with excel ops and must agree that no matter what the request they are always happy to help everybody is great hi to all i have spoken to simon,joss,roy,alex keep it up

Mad-Air
29th Sep 2003, 06:33
Excel are and will always aim to Excel!
I worked with Roy, Alex, Tammy, Bob Et Al - And they all know who they are......
It's one big happy family in that Ops room. I worked with them until Feb this year..... and regret leaving them to be frank.
You should go the pub with 'em, boy the stories i could tell (saying that they could tell enough about me!):D

VIKING9
29th Sep 2003, 15:59
Mad-Air what's it like being "Frank" ?? Seriously, I agree with previous replies, good bunch generally at Excel but is there anyone else out there who can shed some positive points on other Operational staff or departments ? I always found in the old days that the guys & gals at Brit World were always very helpful. Titan on the other hand, Mmmmmm, no comment :*

Taff Lad
29th Sep 2003, 18:52
I have always found Air 2000 Ops very helpful and friendly.

LIMA18
29th Sep 2003, 22:48
Couldn't agree with you more opsjockey. Great chaps & chapessess to work with - even at 0200ZZZZZ. Very professional and fun to work with.

Keep up the good work dude - C U bright & early Wednesday at 0600Z.

Yer left hand man.

....and before I go - "Does anybody want anything from Tesco's?"

:ok: :ok: :ok:

opsjockey
29th Sep 2003, 22:56
Hallo Lima 18,

Hope you are well. Check your private mail!

Little Blue
30th Sep 2003, 19:03
bmi, of course...although I may be slightly biased..
Look at the facts...
My stunning good looks and charming manner,
Bobs 'tache.
Chenkys ass.
Stefs knee...Foxy's awesome behaviour
and Steves...well...Steve !!
Even our managers appalling taste in Football team
is excusable..
Not so sure about crewing, though !!! ;) ;)

Whirley
5th Oct 2003, 04:21
Monarch Ops pretty good help you with pretty much anything they can!!

sum41
5th Oct 2003, 17:32
FR OPS ARE ALL VERY NICE. SOME VERY FUNNY PEOPLE. WITH A MANAGER LIKE SPOOKY WHO WHEN ASKED ON THE WEAKEST LINK WHAT THE RYANAIR SYMBOL WAS COULD ONLY ANSWER R.Y.R INSTEAD OF THE HARP ON THE BACK. WITH 72 AIRCRAFT AND MORE ON THE WAY YOU HAVE TO TAKE TIME OUT FROM LAUGHING WHEN DEALING WITH KING BUMBLE ROCKs.
ANYWAY IN THIS JOB ALL OVER THE WORLD IT DOES HELP TO BE NUTS AND IF YOUR NOT YOU SOON WILL BE.
ALSO TWO GUYS IN G-STAR OPS IN STN SMO AND CARLTON ARE S**T HOT IF YOU NEED ANYTHING AT ALL.

EGGPOPS
7th Oct 2003, 04:50
:ok: Best and very proffesional are LAS(Ravenair) ops at Liverpool
Nicer and most helpful bunch you will never meet

www.dot2dot.com
8th Oct 2003, 05:36
EGGPOPS - Could this be WB or one of his boys????:}

rg_vr6
9th Oct 2003, 22:52
Aviance Ops in Dublin!!! :ok: :ok:

Nothing to do with the fact im one of them???? :D :D

BMI i have to agree with too, Really nice Bunch, Even when stressed!

delay code
12th Oct 2003, 19:40
There is only one Operations that will remain the best and that is -BRITANNIA

RED WINGS
22nd Oct 2003, 04:36
The thing I guess is most of you guys have only dealt with airline operators. Hence I find your posts quite amusing I mean Aviance you have gotta be joking!!! I can say I used to work for them.

The best ops in the world are Corporate FBO s they know who the customer is and as it is generally a much friendlier not to mention much better payed environment the service is second to none, the airline industry pails into insignificance as a cheap nasty wanabe!

redcap
22nd Oct 2003, 05:06
Hey Red Wings

At least we can spell in the airline industry!

Payed ???

Or do you mean............ PAID ???

Muppet

capt.sparrow
24th Oct 2003, 19:59
well, redwings may not be the best speller, but aviance certainly aint the best handler. why do you think crews knew MAS really stood for Missed Another Slot? So they changed the name to Aviance - now fondly known as avalanche coz they're down hill all the way.

so you can spell. bully for you.

muppet.

RED WINGS
24th Oct 2003, 21:14
Red cap or should I say Mr Muppet Sir!

I guess as an FAA aledged pilot your not good enough to be a uk pilot, maybe thats why your so bitter and twisted, which sums up most "Airline Industry HANDLING AGENTS" Who generally either spotters or failed atc/aircrew which cat do you fit into i wonder??

Which is why they are near useless in my experience its easier to do the job yourself!

best wishes

RED WINGS

xxx

:ok:

Speedmaster
27th Oct 2003, 20:09
Eastern Airways Ops are very good indeed and again Britannia are very much up to speed

BONDMAN
29th Oct 2003, 04:12
Titan Ops always a good laugh to deal with when your own Ops is rollercoasting downhill :D :D :D

Welly
30th Oct 2003, 05:17
Surprised that no-one has mentioned TC ops yet. I´ve had numerous dealings with them and they seem both friendly and professional. The one exception though is one guy who just shouts at 500 words/minute down the phone. You´d think he didn´t want you to speak. Think his name´s Malcolm or Martin. Can´t really catch it as he´s already onto his hot topic of the day by the time you´ve said ´hi´.

Welly

ILPAAW
12th Nov 2003, 21:54
It is Martin, he speaks far too fast for us southern chaps. I had the pleasure of trying to obtain the allocations from him one night, Tasmanian devil !!! He is from Wigan I believe, and they speak reat fast up thur. TC Ops are very good though and friendly, but I will miss BAL very much. Good luck you guys at BAL, and thanks for all your help over the years. :D :O

Courtman
14th Nov 2003, 15:18
Nice to see all the votes on here for Britannia Operations. The operation has now moved to Hannover and is controlled by the Germans with just one Brit "running" the show over here in the UK. Only 5 UK guys have gone to Hannover and the rest have moved on to pastures new (or orange).

Good luck to all of the Britannia guys, the last 9 years have been enjoyable - and you know the funny thing about aviation is "what goes around comes around". Votes on us all being back together one day?

A Britannia Operations Memorial Website has been set up at http://www.balops.net with photo's and a message board. Its still very much under development but please visit (and click on the advert even if you don't want anything - the site needs paying for!!!). If anyone has any old BALOPS pictures it'd be great if you could send them to me and I'll get em on the site.

espinet
15th Nov 2003, 17:39
I agree with Courtman-It was a good team and possibly one day!!!
My years with BAL were the most enjoyable

Smirnoff Ice
18th Nov 2003, 04:19
Of course in the freight dog industry DHL AIR crewing will always come out superior!:ok:

SunDanced Kid
18th Nov 2003, 12:10
Astraeus Ops Guys are always helpful and Friendly when I have spoken to them..

G-2747
20th Nov 2003, 22:41
If we're including Ops Staff at FBO's in this, then the guy's at Northern Exec must get a mention !.

Always helpful, friendly, good humoured and very proffesional.

DCS
21st Nov 2003, 19:07
I vote for Northern Exec :ok: