PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean hours building

despegue
27th Sep 2003, 18:44
I'm interested to build some hours in the Caribbean.
Curently, I am a JAA (f)ATPL holder with a CPL/ME/IR rating and 300h.
Does anyone know any schools/clubs where I can rent planes without the hassle of licence conversion?
Any advice welcome!

Thanx,
Despegue

76cruisecpt
15th Oct 2003, 21:02
Try to find a tall black guy from Tortolla named Cleo Hodge. He used to be the chief pilot for Aero Virgin Islands flying DC-3s between St Thomas and San Juan. He also has a flying school and works out of Charlotte Amalie airport in ST Thomas...I think they still have the name as Harry S. Truman Airport, if you can believe that.

Also, in St Vincient, Mr. Kent. He is the proprieter of St Vincient airways. at the airport.

BEWARE...........These are scumbags, and are not to be trusted in any way, but that's what you're looking at in the Caribbean.
Alot of guys do go there for opportunities you can't find in other places.......just be very careful.

Good luck

Captain Stable
15th Oct 2003, 22:03
I spent more than a year in SVD, and never heard of either Mr. Kent or St. Vincent Airways.

Are you sure you got the name right?

Please also confirm that you are not talking about SVG Airways, who are owned and operated by Martin Barnard and Paul Gravel? Both are good types. AFAIK they don't have aircraft for private hire, and are purely an airline/air taxi operator.

I shan't pass comment on Jonathan Palmer, owner of Mustique Airways, also based at SVD.

My recommendation would be to contact Martin Norman of Norman Aviation at VC Bird Airport on Antigua (ANU).