PDA

View Full Version : SkyNet to drop DUB after losses

goatbusters
27th Sep 2003, 06:35
SkyNet is to drop Dublin as a result of poor loads on its SNN-DUB-SVO route. The airline said the route wasn't feasible and found it difficult to compete with the EI 330's in the mornings from SNN to DUB. So once again the DUB-SNN route is without evening flights. SkyNet has also revealed that it suffered a loss of €4.5m in its last financial year.

BAe 146-100
27th Sep 2003, 06:46
Hi,

Thats a shame, will Skynet add more 737-400's in the future?

BAe 146-100

Wing Commander Fowler
27th Sep 2003, 17:18
I don't think we should read too much into this news since it is likely that companies will make a loss in their first year of trading - that's the fact that is most relevant here. With regard to the stoppage of the Dublin portion of the service, yes I'm a little surprised that the CEO should quote the competition of the EI 330's as a reason since that simply demonstrates his lack of awareness of the market when they decided to operate that part of the route. Lingus have supplied that service for a number of years now. I think they only offered it out to passenger traffic in an attempt to minimise the cost of positioning the aircraft up to Dublin and can only suppose that the uptake was insufficient for justification. As for the future??? There'll be a master plan there somewhere. Watch this space......

;)