PDA

View Full Version : Iraq/Afganistan

rotorboy
27th Sep 2003, 02:04
I know there was a thread a while back on UN flying. But i have been doing some surfing and research (slow at work these days).

Who is doing all the infrastructure/rebuilding work in these two countries. I know Parsons was awarded a 3 year contract for UXO discovery/mitigation, and they are spending millions putting up cell site, and using helicopters. They are also contracting to use helicopter to fly the detection device.

What about Bechtel (sp) didnt they get a hugh contract to build power, tel, pipelines ect?

It doesnt seem that the usual suspects (cdn,airlog,evergreen) have anything do to whith this.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Anyone looking for a young, single nonattached, multi passport, multi lic, helicopter pilot who wants overseas contract work - not afraid to sleep in a/c if money ok...

gotta be something out there! I mean the american taxpayers are spending millions to rebuild these places, there has to be some helicopter work...:ok:

RB

Vfrpilotpb
27th Sep 2003, 15:48
Well, I think from what we hear over this side of the pond all the contracts for both hotspots are in the hands of the giant American Corp's, us Brits have only tagged along to provide top notch security service's, most Brit companies are picking up good contracts however building carparks( but with the full backing of Tony and his Cronies), ready for Wal-Mart to open up along with Col Sanders, and McDonalds!!

Keep on looking in the USA:sad: