PDA

View Full Version : License conversion FAA to Hong Kong

livingthedream
27th Sep 2003, 01:16
Hi All,

I just got accepted for a F/O freighter position with Cathay. It is apparently going to be several months before training will commence so I thought it would be a good idea to get a head start on studying for the license conversion from FAA to HK.

I am aware that there is much ground to cover and I dont want to limp through the course when I start training. IF anyone has information on resources that are available I would be grateful if you could pass it along.

Thanks

ronnie123
27th Sep 2003, 11:44
http://www.info.gov.hk/cad/english/main.htm

THIS SHOULD HELP YOU.

CX-2-B
27th Sep 2003, 13:36
When did you interview? I was just over in HKG last week and was also accepted for F/O Freighters. Can anyone tell me where one can get a hard copy of the HKG AIP? 150 pages is alot of printing.

The Ripper
27th Sep 2003, 22:49
Can you pass on any details of the interview? Does it pay to buy "Handling The Big Jets", etc.

Any details would be extremely appreciated.

CX-2-B
28th Sep 2003, 00:17
IMHO . If you dont read HBJ you wont have a snowballs chance in H$#@

The Ripper
29th Sep 2003, 00:13
Thanks, I have ordered the book (HBJ), and was wondering if there were any details you or anyone would care to add for the freighter specific interview.

I have it coming up the end of october.

Thanks.

CX-2-B
29th Sep 2003, 07:55
Nothing in either of my interviews was freighter related, get the XYZ book and know HBJ like the back of your hand, 1st interview is a written quiz and interview, heavy on tech, 2nd interview was more personal with sim etc etc etc.

Study hard, use the net, alot of answers online and i would recommend reading ALL the CX press releases on thier site.

good luch

The Ripper
30th Sep 2003, 03:00
Many thanks for the info CX-2-B.

flyingblueskies
15th Oct 2003, 09:10
Livingthedream check your PM