PDA

View Full Version : MK Airlines

RUDAS
26th Sep 2003, 21:20
Hi all
Anyone out there who can tell me what on earth MK Air hauls between europe and africa that justifies them flying here so often? Im based in Joburg and we get lots of MK air planes down here-maybe 5 or 6 a week.Im interested to know what they carry-especially since i believe they stop at some seriously obscure places like Port Harcourt,Nigeria and Lome in Togo.

Frankfurt_Cowboy
26th Sep 2003, 23:34
Port Harcourt, obscure??? You need to get out more!!!

RUDAS
27th Sep 2003, 19:36
well its not exactly Manhattan,is it??

Frankfurt_Cowboy
27th Sep 2003, 20:11
No, I don't think that Manhattan is situated near any particularly large reserves of oil.

RUDAS
27th Sep 2003, 21:10
Ah, now its becoming clearer.So port harcourt is an oil field city? i knew nothing about the place, just thought it was another african town. thanks for clarifying.

Treetopflyer
28th Sep 2003, 03:31
Yeah, nothing very suspicious in flying into Lome either... No war going on, no diamonds around, no coltan, so really nothing to get too excited about... :hmm:

Last time I saw an MK Airlines plane, in Accra I believe, they were loading tons of pinneapple bound for Europe... Now, I don't know if they have some sort of a "pinneapple for AK-47" trade agreement with some "obscure" African country, but if they do it is certainly not the best bargain on Earth...:E

Frankfurt_Cowboy
28th Sep 2003, 08:28
Ahhhh, is that "pineapple" as in "hand grenade"? Pesky africans!!

redfield
29th Sep 2003, 04:25
MK flew a series of cargo flights out of NCL recently going to Africa - carrying money minted at the DeLaRue plant. All DC8 flights so far.