PDA

View Full Version : OZ Mate Goes Royalty

Flip Flop Flyer
26th Sep 2003, 16:40
So there you have it, an antipodean has made a serious social move and is set to marry the future king of Denmark.

Mary Donaldson, a Tasman chick of rather pleasing looks, and Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark announced the other day that they're engaged to be married.

For a descendant of former inmates, that is one serious move up the social ladder ;)

Good luck to both of them.

mikeboggan
28th Sep 2003, 08:07
Hey Flip Flop Flyer.

Now we have got Prince Harrry, coming to Queensland, is He looking for a bride too?
He couldn't do better than pick an Australian....Hopefully, as wild as his Mum....She was great, I knew her personally.

Mike

29th Sep 2003, 13:20
F-F-Flyer.
Let's get the place right, it is TASMANIA, not tasman, or the land of the long white beard, or the big north island, but Godzone little island. Beautiful land, ladies, and lakes.

Flip Flop Flyer
29th Sep 2003, 20:01
I belive I wrote "A Tasman Chick" as in a Lady from Tasmania. I do apologise if my command of your native tongue leaves some to be desired. Still, I'll bet you a six pack of Fosters it's better than your Danish.

Islander Jock
29th Sep 2003, 20:10
hmmmmm let's see now. I've heard em called:
pointy heads
banjo players
Taswegians (slang)
Tasmanians
but never, never have I heard them referred to as "Tasmans":p

Just checked with my work colleague from the apple isle and both his heads nod in agreeance with me. :}

30th Sep 2003, 06:33
F-F-Flyer.
Yes, I accept your acknowlegement, and you are correct, my command of the Danish language is nill. Slightly off subject, have been told that Boags is Better than Fosters, woulden't know, don't touch the stuff myself.
Island Jock.
Another one is 'Tasmaniac's', and I beleive Tasman was one of our 'older types' of apples, but sadly no longer available.

Woomera
30th Sep 2003, 07:40
Tasmania: An old people's home, surrounded by a national park! :}

W

Transition Layer
30th Sep 2003, 19:54
Well she has sure helped the reputation of Tasmanian women after that "thing" by the name of Reggie from Big Brother!

Lucky Freddie getting to Slip one Inn to her! ;)

TL