PDA

View Full Version : twin and twin turbine operators in Africa

RoSiPaSi
26th Sep 2003, 16:05
Can anyone who able to and is so inclined, please provide me with names (and if possible... contact details) of twin and twin turbine (or single turbine) operators in any of the following locations?

Botswana (other than NAC & Kalahari Air Services).
Tanzania
Malawi
Kenya

or any operators of significance in other neighbouring countries.

Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Cheers,

Rosi

BAKELA
26th Sep 2003, 16:13
I reckon if you use the search function you'll get the info you're looking for. There's zillions of threads on this forum dealing with the matter.

Cheers vir eers.

Kiwi Flyer
26th Sep 2003, 19:16
The only other operators in Botswana that fit your request are:

Safari Air
2 x BN2B Islanders, based in Maun

Mack Air
1 x PA 31 Chieftain, 1 x C208 Grand Caravan, based in Maun

Sefofane
3x C208 Grand Caravan x 3, based in Maun

Delta Air
1 x BN2A Islander, based in Maun

Moremi Air
1 x BN2A Islander, 1 x C208 Grand Caravan, based in Maun

And thats all in Botswana!

Cheers

KF

helldog
27th Sep 2003, 00:28
Hey,

Just trying to think of one AIR CHARTER OPERATOR in Tanzania that does not have a twin or a turbine. That is one or the other. Someone will probably prove me wrong here. But I think if they dont have twins they have turbine ie Vans and if they dont have turbine they have a twin. Oh well lets see what you people out there can come up with.

RoSiPaSi
27th Sep 2003, 15:58
Thanks guys.

Thats very helpful.

I did try searching and did manage to get a bit of info... though it was rather disjointed and not easy to put together a comprehensive list re: twins and turbines.

I figured if those of you had the time and could be bothered, it wouldn't hurt to create a sort of list here... for future searchs. :)

Contact details wouldn't hurt but i guess company name, location and an idea of a/c operated would be more important... especially for those of us who are deciding/making travel plans.

Cheers,

Rosi

406pilot
18th Oct 2003, 18:08
hi rossi,

twin turbine operators in Tanzania are as follows:

Tanzanian Air services ltd(www.tanzanair.com) 2 Cessna-406.
Zanair LTD (www.zanair.com) 2 Let-410-uvp.
Air Excel ltd (arusha) 1 Cessna-406.

the rest are all airlines the likes of Air tanzania,Precisionair qwho operate Dash-8,Let410,and ATR 42 respectively,helldog stand to be corrected(SERGE).

COASTAL TRAVELS LTD also operates a fleet of cessna caravan one(SINGLE TURBINE).

all the best mate

helldog
19th Oct 2003, 01:52
I dont know about that Mr Pandya. (I hope I got the spelling correct) The fellow was asking about twin AND twin turbine operators OR single turbine operators. Bloody hell I am getting confused now. Anyway does Coastal not have a Kingair operating at the moment? See you in the next few days Sir, and dont blow away my Aztec with your 406:ok:

406pilot
19th Oct 2003, 17:50
hi hell dog
yeah ur wrong as usual coastal do have a wet leased king air 200 frm south africa but i heard it went back to zimbabwe and as the rumour goes its due to be registered in tanzania so may be old moses can get his hands on it,id never blow u away with the 406, u could never get close enough to it with the haztec,im looking fwd to us guys having a wild bash frm wht moses tellz me u had a wild night at q...too bad old hans is stuck in kilwa on a 24hour standby one beer a night strategy,any ways keep well

406pilot (2fast2furious 4 u mate).