PDA

View Full Version : ozzie Gamblers

squire
26th Sep 2003, 14:16
I read recently that for Ozzie over 18 that over $1000 per person is spent on the Pokies etc!! Struth mate wats up with that.:ugh:

robair
29th Sep 2003, 08:35
If they have that much money to waste why don't they take up flying lessons ? :) :O :D :ok: :{

Islander Jock
29th Sep 2003, 22:34
I remember living in Sydney many moons ago and going down to the local RSL, Leagues, Sports, Wokmens or any other club and seeing carparks full of cars many with kids sitting bored inside whilst their useless parents were inside pulling the pokies and swilling schooners. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pension day was always a hoot when the blue rinse set would be perched on stools operating the 5 and 10 cent machines. I used to love it how they could operate 3 machines at a time getting a coin in and pulling the handle on the 3rd before the first one had stopped spinning. :ugh:

To offer stats of $1000 per person over 18 yrs really begs the question how much the hard core pokie junkies really spend given that some states have nowhere near the number of the damn things as NSW. No wonder we have such a huge social welfare bill in this country. :(