PDA

View Full Version : Vacancies @ ELLX

angel_wings74
26th Sep 2003, 05:39
I'd like to get into Flight Ops, but don't know how to go about it.

Do people like Cargolux, Luxair take trainees, or should I do the Jeppesen course in Germany?

I'm currently working in the aviation industry, but only on contract, so my job isn't guaranteed.

Would like to find something permanent, would prefer to fly, but haven't even got my PPL yet. I currently fly with a friend so have experience of flight planning (FlightStar, Jepp View), normally I navigate and prepare NOTAMs, weather etc for our flights.

Anyone in the Luxembourg area know of any vacancies?

I was going to send my CV on spec but wonder if I'm wasting my time.

Thanks

Angelwings

Whooaahh
26th Sep 2003, 19:37
A Jeppesen course although excellent will not help you get a job in Luxemburg. To my knowledge, Luxair use the PPS system from Billund Flight Support and Cargolux have recently shifted from Jeppesen to become the only European user of the Sabre offering, AirPath. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will comment, but I'm pretty sure about this as it is my job to keep a track of who is using what!

Permanant job are few and far between in the industry right now as airlines are far mroe likely to use contractors rather than employ directly as it is much easier to downsize the (sub)contracted workforce than employees if required down the road.

Stick with what you've got for now, get as much experience as you can but keep you eyes and ears open for anything moer intersting as most of the vacancies do tend to be filled by word of mouth than the traditional advertise and interview technique.

Whooaahh!!!

CR2
29th Sep 2003, 16:53
Can confirm CLX uses Sabre. Thats all I can contribute !

acmi48
29th Sep 2003, 17:18
ONE DISPATCHER JOB IN THE OFFING at CLX-
problems are as follows tho

aa; priority to internal staff first
bb; expeirence types wanted,multi lingual seems to be creeping in and a flight plan course ie sim to what dfs offer
cc; it never a waste of time asking ..so down load the application from the web site and fill it in accordingly

angel_wings74
30th Sep 2003, 02:00
Thanks to all of you who took the time to reply.

acmi48 - a Luxair pilot said the same things about CLX to me, so the website application will be done this evening.

acmi48
4th Nov 2003, 20:02
a dispatchers position is advertised on the website.. www.cargolux.com select the 'about us' and job oppurtunities

knowledge of aims and comp flt plng sys is valuable/essential ,altho new sabre path system takes some effort

you will have to relocate and german as a basic languauge is handy..shifts are days/nites try to maintain a 4 on/4 off..good bunch of guys and girls aswell

good luck