PDA

View Full Version : ANZ and quantas

fadec_primary_channel
26th Sep 2003, 01:37
What do all you guys think will happen if this deal is done?

In particular I was wondering how it will affect their respective memberships of their alliances?

Done a quick search to see if this has been covered elswhere and it hasn't so pardon me if that is not the case.

TA FPC:)

Three Bars
26th Sep 2003, 05:33
Something about a snowball and hell just about covers it at present.

The deal's goooooooooone!

737 guru
26th Sep 2003, 07:32
FADEC man......

Anytime that you are conducting research in the near future, just check out that 'U' in QANTAS it might be an undiscovered state somewhere in the far north of OZ:ok: :ok: :ok:

airsupport
26th Sep 2003, 07:50
Whether Qantas, or Quantas, why would it matter if they tied up with the ANZ Bank? :confused:

splatgothebugs
26th Sep 2003, 08:36
As far as I have heard the alliance would be one world and AIR NZ would drop star.
But the deal isn't going to happen, which could see the end of AIR NZ running a long haul operation.

Any thoughts from one of you heavy metal lads on that?

robair
29th Sep 2003, 09:16
I hope they don't get together with airNZ look what hapend to Ansett when they involved with them:sad:

MoFo
29th Sep 2003, 12:03
The first law of investing.

Don't invest in New Zealand companies.

Here endeth the lesson.

splatgothebugs
29th Sep 2003, 15:19
For a minute there I thought it was going to be a civilised threed without the Kiwi bashing. But that was obviously too much to ask for.

Robair do so research on that topic, don't just listen to what the media fed you. :ok:

max rate
30th Sep 2003, 14:28
Um, MoFo,

I think you have that the wrong way round:hmm:

hoodooguru
1st Oct 2003, 11:00
Why would any company do business with AirNZ? Every other airline they've been involved with they've royally screwed. Singair "we don't think they'll be happy chappies" Ansett 40,000 direct and indirect jobs and that was pay back for under arm bowling! If ANZ didn't have Oz propping up their international operations they'd have rightfully gone years ago. What precentage of their international departures are via OZ? Most. ANZ have left a trail of devastation and destruction wherever they've been and it's time they paid the piper.

max rate
1st Oct 2003, 11:10
Oh Boohoodooguru:{ :{ :{

Wake up man.

topend3
1st Oct 2003, 11:39
with the latest developments in competition on the Tasman route, i'm tipping this deal to be approved by New Zealand's corporate body, the New Zealand Consumer Commission, when it completes it's investigation in a few short weeks time, this will be good news for Qantas, Air New Zealand and the travelling public, we are already seeing the benefits of competition in Australian skies and this deal should only enhance this,

so, in short, eventually it will be approved and i'm all for it.

EPIRB
2nd Oct 2003, 15:39
My bet's another month or so and it will happen. ANZ relegated to domestic whilst QF does all the international.

asw28-866
2nd Oct 2003, 15:55
Agree EPIRB, Topend,
Eventually commercial reality will have to overcome national pride. Do you think the KLM/AF merger will help push things along?