PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic evaluating PIK.

kpiko3
25th Sep 2003, 04:13
Heard from a pik official that Virgin Atlantic were evaluating Prestwick for A380 ops.
Excellent news if they will start any services and also a blow to BAA`s EDI and GLA.

Kris

LTNman
25th Sep 2003, 04:14
Touch and Goes?????

Caledonian
25th Sep 2003, 10:31
Jesus Kpiko dont believe absolutely everything you hear, it seems someone mentions something to you at that airport and you just have to post.

Guess they must be evaluating Campbeltown as well as their runway is much bigger than yours!

That will be a blow to PIK's PIK.

Love
Caledonian

p.s. bet your gonna miss flyglobespan eh!! :}

scroggs
25th Sep 2003, 22:27
Virgin Atlantic will not be operating from PIK, EDI or GLA in the foreseeable future. The only reason for 'evaluating' PIK would be for its suitability as an alternate for LHR.

kpiko3
26th Sep 2003, 00:20
Caledonian,What is pprune.com.It is a rumour network.
And what do I post,rumours
Not a true story every time.

And I have only posted three rumours so far about EZY,Air Atlanta
and Virgin.Not enough for you to start gone off the head at me!!!!!

On a much brighter note,
Yes scroggs,it probably will be for training,mibey maintenance and a back up for LHR/LGW and MAN.

They did have a maintenance hanger planned(that is true),but it has been put on hold just now.It looks as if it is going to LHR now but things could happen in that time.
I think the Air Atlanta one is true,becasue they ar meant to be pulling out of Manston and coming up to Prestwick.Whether It is maintenance or Hibernating aircraft I am not completely sure.

kpiko3