PDA

View Full Version : Gazelle HA-PPY

Autorotate
25th Sep 2003, 01:20
Went over to the transit aircraft side of Heli Tech today and there was the Gazelle that has been the hot topic of this forum.

Now having seen it in all its glory it is quite easy to see what all the fuss is about. The aircraft is painted exactly the same type of yellow and black paint scheme as the various Police machines around the country.

The only difference is its a Gazelle but for anyone on the ground that saw it in the air, I would say they could certainly mistake it for a Police machine.

In my opinion the Police deserve to take a close look at it.

:E

TeeS
25th Sep 2003, 01:40
Wouldn't that make it the same colour as dozens of military training helicopters based at Shawbury. I seem to remember our local unit being quite pleased at local crooks running scared of lookalikes.

TeeS

Autorotate
25th Sep 2003, 02:23
TeeS - Not from this country so was unaware of that.

:E

md 600 driver
25th Sep 2003, 03:14
nev

happy was painted before the uk military and the home office used these colours

also if you look out of the window at helitech there is a few ex police 355s in[ yellow blue not yellow black as happy ] for sale the police havnt stipulated that they repaint them so they cant be that bothered
steve

john du'pruyting
25th Sep 2003, 03:20
I can vouch for our unit that youw can paint youwse aircraft any colour youwse loikes and it will not bother us at all.:ok:

md 600 driver
25th Sep 2003, 03:33
i always wondered how you spelt birmingham lingo isit the same spelling for dudleeeey lingo:)