PDA

View Full Version : Doncaster Finningley - South Yorks International..?

big.al
24th Sep 2003, 21:26
Recent press articles have suggested that several 'major' airlines and 'budget' airlines are "queueing up" to use Finningley when flights start next year. But the same press articles fail to mention any names or routes, and the website for the airport is little more than a fancy holding page with a few FAQs and a mention of potential future job vacancies.

As this is a 'rumour' forum, anyone heard any news of potential carriers and/or routes?

Apparently the official name for the airport will be decided soon, I wonder if it will be 'South Yorkshire International' or will they go for the idea of naming it after a major city to try to give it a 'geographic identity'. Perhaps 'Manchester - Yorkshire' (highly controversial considering the east/west Pennine divide) or 'Sheffield International' (just to confuse those heading for Sheffield City). Or of course there is always 'London - Finningley' which would no doubt convince Ryanair to operate out of it....:D

niknak
24th Sep 2003, 21:59
Hi Big Al'

Allegedly, all the operators at Humberside and Leeds have closely looked at Finningly.
Obviously Leeds is very good at what it does, and would concievably only lose any traffic to Finningly that operates on the margins due to the inaccessibility to LBA anywhere from the East or South of the Leeds and Bradford catchment area.

Humberside, I believe, are crapping themselves. Finningly is only 30 miles down a very easy drive on the motorway, and there's nothing that operates from HUY that couldn't operate more cheaply or efficiantly from Finningly, including scheduled flights.

Eastern Airways are based at Humberside, but a little mole tells me that they've been in deep discussion with Peel about moving their entire base there. Additionally, KLM UK have allegedly also been in discussion about reducing, or even terminating, the AMS connection from HUY once Finningly opens, as the customer base would be so much greater, and Finningly would be much more accessible to there customers.

The other alledged airlines are the low cost outfits, Ryanair and EZY, and long haul charter operators. Additionally, freight would be an obvious contender - a fickle market, but it's got to be on the cards, and I wouldn't be suprised to see at least one of the major jet charter operators open a base there.

As for the name, who knows, how about Bawtry International?;)

Jinkster
25th Sep 2003, 07:21
What about Sheffield (version 2) hahaha what a joke!!

Donny International will be great when its done - will make GA interesting out of Gamston and Netherthorpe when its done!

ACE Dispatcher
25th Sep 2003, 13:42
How about Barnsley International Airport !:ok:

KAT TOO
25th Sep 2003, 17:20
Needs to be a name that means something to the locals!!!

Barnsley International `Chuffin` Airport !!!!

Ok mi Duck:ok:

Tommyinyork
16th Dec 2003, 17:09
South Yorkshire international is the better name.

Neo
16th Dec 2003, 22:26
OK then Kat Too -

How about:

Chips wi' mushy peas an' oonion gravy chuffin' Airport.

Caslance
17th Dec 2003, 01:46
What about Arthur Scargill International?:ooh:

Jinkster
17th Dec 2003, 03:24
How about

"No Fecking Southerners Allowed International Airport"

That would be better :E

360BakTrak
17th Dec 2003, 04:25
Hadn't they better start recruiting fairly soon then? The airport would have to be fully operational before anything actually takes off or lands there. Where does my CV go and how much will they pay?!?!

VP8
17th Dec 2003, 13:08
File CV to the following

[email protected]

Although i filed mine in March got a thank you letter then nothing else!!

Veeps

Jinkster
17th Dec 2003, 17:22
Has anyone visited Finningley recently - I have and looks to me they need to get cracking with building it.

Jinkster

burn the mullal
17th Dec 2003, 17:51
As a name for the airport how does...."Three Counties International" sound.....
I mean its easily accessable from Humberside, Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire.:ok:

Northern Highflyer
17th Dec 2003, 18:13
Jinkster

I see it from the air regularly and there doesn't seem to be a lot going on in the way of development or building work. :ooh:

nibor
17th Dec 2003, 21:31
It looks like all the good city names have already been snapped up by other airports so the only option is to give Donny a regional name that might confuse foreigners enough to make them fly there. NORTH of ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL perhaps or how about NORTHERN COUNTIES INTERNATIONAL. They could have a dig at MAN and LBA and use TRANS-PENNINE INTERNATIONAL.
We are of course assuming that MOL is not going to jump in with his chequebook and get it named UNITED KINGDOM and NORTHERN IRELAND REGIONAL, INTERNATIONAL and INTERCONTINENTAL AIRPORT. That way he could market it as every city in the UK and that EU (drain on our country) lot could do nothing about it.

Jinkster
17th Dec 2003, 21:40
How about London Doncaster airport - would suit the likes of Ryanair down to the ground.

:E

garethjk22
24th Dec 2003, 19:08
Building works will commence in January 2004, with the airport operational Easter 2005.

Get ready guys, it's coming ....

Jinkster
24th Dec 2003, 21:56
Whoohooooo!!!!!

Great Christmas present.

Jinkster

Sir George Cayley
25th Dec 2003, 03:11
No not Jimmy Savill Intl but Peel do like a local hero linked to their Airport. It was a major sucess renaming Speke as Liverpool John Lennon Airport. As a rebranding exercise it was well received.

So which famous Yorkshire men or women could put South Yorks on the world map. How about

Sean Bean Intl ?

or that other great local lad

Sir George Cayley !!!!!!!!!!!

As for job prospects they have received 3500 speculative applications with a further 1000 held by Agencies.

Sir George Cayley

symphonyangel
25th Dec 2003, 03:26
I somehow think all these tri-counties and south yorkshire name suggestions won't work for the inbound market - they mean nothing to people outside of the uk, and London Doncaster is too far fetched even for MOL

They might also be a bit stuck for famous people from that region - Kevin Keegan, if he won the World Cup but he won't do that at City, - very few others - Douglas Bader, Human League, Jeremy Clarkson, the original Pilgrim Fathers...... do they cut the mustard?

So would the best bet not be the national name of QEll, and having been snubbed so long by the BAA this would be the chance for the monarchy to have an airport named after them - and afterall bridges, boats etc are named after her, so why not? King Fahid, Queen Beartrix , the Pope etc. all have airports named after them. Would HM really want to snub the good folks of Yorkshire if they asked? It would be a nice Christmas present for Yorkshire and show that the monarchy is not only about the south, i reckon she would jump at the chance and it would do the region the power of good, so come on Finningley suggest it to them

scroggs
25th Dec 2003, 03:38
'The Independent Communist Republic of South Yorkshire People's Popular Airport'

Or simply 'Donny Drome';)

Caslance
25th Dec 2003, 03:54
I still like "Arthur Scargill International" myself.:ok:

symphonyangel
25th Dec 2003, 05:25
Caslance - That would be akin to calling Manchester - Albert Tatlock International - I think you should leave this thread to the serious postings that actually advance the discussion

KAT TOO
25th Dec 2003, 05:32
Sam international as in Sam from pop idolls!!! or if it gets really big then Michelle?

Actually i think Joe Cocker international would be better!

LGS6753
25th Dec 2003, 05:41
No-one outside UK's heard of either Finningley or Doncaster.

My choice would be Flat 'at International

.... or Black Pudd'n 'n' Mushy Peas Airport

That would pack them in. Bingo in the terminal, charabancs outside - a real Yorkshire welcome.

Merry Xmas to all our readers

Caslance
25th Dec 2003, 06:38
How about Harvey Smith International, then?

nibor
25th Dec 2003, 08:08
It does not matter what the official name is the locals will simply call it T' AIRPORT.

Frankfurt_Cowboy
25th Dec 2003, 19:03
Harvey Smith is from Bingley, that's the next name on the list for Yeadon!!

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
25th Dec 2003, 19:40
Guess that means two fingures to Finningley

Golf India Bravo

chiglet
26th Dec 2003, 06:02
nibor, gentle correction, it's "th'Airpoort"
As for a name...St Leger Itl, or William Hill Inl:ok:
watp,iktch

Frankfurt_Cowboy
26th Dec 2003, 17:43
Chiglet, where did you hear that? Was it Rita Sullivan in the Kabin? You're confusing Doncaster with Manchester mate.

Reminds me of the story of the Salford keep fit class, the instructor shouts "Hands on thighs" and they all covered their faces.

Caslance
26th Dec 2003, 18:15
Salford, Frankfurt_Cowboy? More like Wigan, I would hazard.....

In any case, a Salford keep-fit class more usually takes the form of running away as quickly as possible from the scene of the crime!:ok:

Plane Speaker
27th Dec 2003, 23:27
Harry Ramsden International?

Should bring droves in to the Terminal building for a pre flight feed?

OR

Geoff Boycott International, with the domestic area named Dickie Bird Domestic.

OR

White Rose International. Could get additional sponsorship fron John Lewis food stores (Waitrose)

Helen49
31st Dec 2003, 00:12
Burn the Mullall should note that since 1996 there has not been a county of Humberside! North Lincolnshire perhaps?

31st Dec 2003, 14:07
Where do you suspect the nearest Waitrose is to South Yorkshire?

Caslance
31st Dec 2003, 15:36
Isn't there a Waitrose in Doncaster???

Frankfurt_Cowboy
31st Dec 2003, 15:48
Caslance, you're confusing Waitrose with Netto, easy mistake to make!!! The nearest Waitrose is 53 miles away down the A1 in Newark.

maninblack
1st Jan 2004, 00:03
Waitrose in Doncaster? Don't make me laugh.....the apemen of the Indus are more advanced than the population of Doncaster and their counting system goes 1, 2, 3, a lot! :E

Sir George Cayley
3rd Jan 2004, 20:46
Only slightly off topic but whilst pondering the name what about the 3 and 4 letter codes?

In RAF guise Finningly was the EGXI if I recall and it did'nt have a 3 letter code that I can find

So Peel have a chance to come up with, in conjuncton with the authorities, some new ones

Any suggestions for IATA ICAO and the CAA to consider

Sir George Cayley

The air is a navigable ocean that laps at everyones door

Turbo Rick
4th Jan 2004, 01:14
How about DIC... for Doncaster International....

or NOB for Nowhere... which is where its located anyway.... ;) :p

WorkingHard
4th Jan 2004, 02:51
Let us suppose for one minute the name is Doncaster International Airport. Where the hell is Doncaster Domestic Airport. To name the first indicates the second exists which it does not (used to but was destroyed). Humberside was and is a typical example of snobbish stupidity in calling itself "Humberside International" when no domestic airport exists. It just served to create a large jump in fees and NO BENEFIT TO ANYONE EXCEPT THE MANAGEMENT. Whatever the eventual name of Finningly the most important issue is to serve the people who will use it, operators/pilots/passengers.

charterguy
4th Jan 2004, 05:49
Sir George Cayley wrote:

Only slightly off topic but whilst pondering the name what about the 3 and 4 letter codes?

In RAF guise Finningly was the EGXI if I recall and it did'nt have a 3 letter code that I can find

So Peel have a chance to come up with, in conjuncton with the authorities, some new ones

Any suggestions for IATA ICAO and the CAA to consider

You will find that Doncaster already has an IATA code.
Not sure whether it is currently 'active', but I have it listed in my IATA code book as DCS (Finnigley/Doncaster), between DCR (Decatur, IN. USA) and DCT (Duncan Town, Rugged Island).

However, there is no ICAO code listed.

CG

BombardierCR7
4th Jan 2004, 07:14
Can we get to the point with this airport thing (airstrip!!)- will someone fly from there!! (apart from an EZE J31 to ABZ and an RYR 732 to DUB - if the price is right!!!)- we don't care.

A few days ago I walked onto this airsrip's runway for 1 hour (the Bawtry end for those who know (or care!!) - top security - not!!), falling over the cracked concrete and weeds, the RVR must have been about 150meters (possibly why I fooled them. What on earth is the big deal with this place. It is a supermarket carpark - or should be.

I was fooled by the top road connections (1hr 10mins from Leeds) - 15mins shorter than from MAN!!

The BY 767 in Summer 2004 at LBA and the re basing of an aircraft by Preusag TUI in winter 2004 is testamount of commitment to "Yorkshire's airport". Some what different from the big Donny threat 2 years ago. I thought Thomson were a big supporter of Finningley - and big LBA haters!!

(And Airtours were big suporters of Finningley- I say no more)

Flash in the pan !! Let's see...

Jet 2 maybe (on an LBA string..!! - I say no more)

Why has building been delayed by 6 months? Build the terminal to the first operator needs?... lets hope its not that Star Alliance, One World, Sky Team member - United/American/Continental. sorry.. sh$t.. it's Eastern.

Were is Doncaster to a German!!!! - or a Spanishman,
Italianman --- an Englishman!!

Large marketing budget- me thinks - just in this country!!

charterguy
4th Jan 2004, 17:59
Bombardier

It is quite obvious that you don't like the idea of Finningley being developed. Could it be that you work at HUY or LBA ?

Well, tough. Whether you like it or not, it's happening. And it will affect LBA and HUY big style. Peel do not buy an airport to turn it into a 'supermarket car park'. I think Liverpool is proof of that. And as for IT carriers, they will move their flights to DCS when the facilities are in place. It woiuld certainly make sense as DCS plans to operate H24.

By the way, Eastern have nothing to gain by moving to DCS, as most of their traffic to ABZ arrives into HUY by helicopter. Unless the heli operation is also moved to DCS I am sure that Eastern will stay put at HUY.

CG

Going loco
4th Jan 2004, 18:53
charterguy - why do you think it will it effect LBA and HUY 'big style'?

From what others have said on here, just about everyone in the DCS catchment area uses MAN and EMA at the moment.

Surely these airports would be the one's to loose out IF peel make a success out of it. I agree with Bombardier though, its still an 'IF' at this stage. Let's be honest, if we're talking about the ability to poach traffic from MAN [which is the real issue here] they've not exactly set the world on fire over LPL. And in contrast to LPL, DCS will be a much tougher nut to crack.

loco

BTW- since when have Eastern been using helicopters on their HUY-ABZ sectors?

charterguy
4th Jan 2004, 20:35
Going loco wrote:

BTW- since when have Eastern been using helicopters on their HUY-ABZ sectors?

Never said they did. Many of their pax (offshore rig workers) arrive at HUY by helicopter, then fly Eastern to ABZ or vice versa. Think it's Scotia who operate the heli services.

CG

BombardierCR7
5th Jan 2004, 01:15
Charter guy, to answer your question I have no affilliation with LBA or HUY as I live in Germany, but I do however have to travel to West Yorkshire every couple of weeks. Therefore I know how difficult it can be to get there.

I would have no objection to Finningley - if Finningley was to become the airport to make Yorkshire accessible. It will not, it will only serve to dilute the existing infrastructure. Another low cost carrier in Yorkshire and a few IT's thrown in does not serve the needs of the International business community.

What Yorkshire needs is more airlines, not more "little" airports.

Finningley will be completely unable to attract "proper" airlines from Manchester in the same way that LBA, EMA and LPL have been unable (and out of those airports, LBA has definately the much better scheduled network). Do you see Lufthansa, Air France, KLM etc pulling capacity from Manchester to Doncaster?

Surely investment should go into developing existing aviation facilities. LBA needs a few things doing to it to solve its problems, nothing of which cannot be solved with correct investment.

LBAir
5th Jan 2004, 03:04
Well said BombardierCRJ........ I Honestly believe the only traffic in the short to modium term likely to use Doncaster is the LOCOs and several charter operations. By the time Doncaster actualy looks like its a proper airport, the LBA I am sure will have ironed out most of its minor problems.

BMI Baby use MAN and EMA
Easyjet use EMA and LPL
Jet2 use LBA (and is commited to LBA)

Ryanair only serve DUB from LBA but the LBA-DUB is said to be its best route in the UK. I see Ryanair as the only operator that is left that could possibly use Doncaster.

I don't want to slip into the them v us talk. I would like to see Doncaster doing well but there is no point, if it is just at the expence of others and that I mean EMA and HBR. LBA is too far away.... people in the LBA catchment area that don't wish to (or cannot) use the LBA will just use services already from MAN.

from YORKSHIRE :ok: the place to be is the city of LEEDS!!!:)

chiglet
5th Jan 2004, 03:55
LBAir,
Whilst not wishing to be a "wet blanket" [or congenital liar/axe to grind/chip on shoulder, see Liverpool posts]
Leeds have 3 [and a bit] rotations. Liverpool have 3, Brum have 5 as do Manch.
How can one therefore say just which one is the best?
I say [yet] again , good luck to EVERY "Regional" Airport, and to all who [want to] fly from them :ok: :ok:
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

dwlpl
5th Jan 2004, 05:40
"Leeds have 3 [and a bit] rotations. Liverpool have 3, Brum have 5 as do Manch"

..... rotations of what?

AOG-YYZ
5th Jan 2004, 05:51
While not wishing to be a congenital liar/axe to grind chip on shoulder anti all things Liverpool

To late chicky baby, we've already seen through your "reasonable none partizan" guise.
:p :p :p :p :p

MD11FAN
7th Jan 2004, 01:39
I can see only 2 types of service that would benefit from Finningley:

Low cost(Ryanair/easyjet??)

Surrounding area is quite densley populated and not well served by locos. LBA is on the wrong side of Leeds and not everyone wants to travel over the Pennines to MAN. IMO Ryanair is the obvious candidate but an Easyjet base is also possible. I am suprised that no low cost services are offered from HUY; the holiday flights seem to do well and the choice of destination increases every year.

Long haul charter

Runway length would permit long haul charters. At last an alternative to MAN in the North.

One area where Finningley will have a big advantage over LBA is access. I have used LBA 4/5 times and whilst the facilities have improved in recent years, access is appalling for an International airport. Fine if you live within 10 miles but a pain if travelling from outside the immediate area. With motorways and fast dual carriageways to the South and East of Leeds, why was the airport built to the Northwest of the city??

Divergent Phugoid!
7th Jan 2004, 02:39
I live somewhere close to Bawtry.

Two weeks ago I had to travel to Manchester airport on two occasions. Both times this took me 2 hours give or take 5 mins. The main problem being the A629 Woodhead pass, slow with every HGV not duelling on the A1 M1 M62 there. A57 closed due to landslide. M62 accidents every 10 miles or so according to the traf rep. Distance 74 miles.

Tonight I have to go to LHR, 170 miles approx, journey time in the region of two and a half hours.

I could travel to Finningley in 15 mins from home... 10 Miles.

As long as all the services are available, I know where I would rather fly from, probably the same as the rest of the population who live this side of the pennines.

If you fly over the local area, you will see that there is a clear way through from the M18 to Finningley. My guess? There will be an M18 spur road straight through! Oh, and there is a live BR link a mile away from the airfield. Could it be better served by road or rail???

As for the name... My guess is RAF FINNINGLEY is on the cards... all the local traffic signs recently replaced and the RAF FINNINGLEY signs were there!!

Polly Gnome
7th Jan 2004, 19:32
True, it will be much easier for people from Leeds/Sheffield/North East England to get to Finningley than to Manchester.

But why are you all concentrating on passenger airlines?

I suspect its main use will be for freight:
long runway
excellent road connections - M1, M18, can avoid Birmingham
excellent rail - fast east coast line
very cheap labour force (ground staff)- area hit very hard by pit closures
cheap housing - see above
no complaints - see above; thousands of local people signed a petition FOR the development of the airport

FOZ
13th Feb 2004, 02:49
On the original subject of the post, I gather that Peel are in talks with several US airlines, particularly Continental.

Peel it seems have a firm belief in direct US sheduled flights to serve East of the Pennines and even 5th/6th freedom onto Eastern Europe!

I guess though that the success of Finningley may mean that Sheffield's airport becomes an industrial estate or business park - afterall, that's what Peel specialise in.

richterscale10
16th Feb 2004, 07:03
Why dont we use PEE as its three letter code......its gonna be big and piss all over LBA and HUY...........wait (not for much longer and see)........

'scuse the punctuation - its past my bedtime!

Northern Highflyer
16th Feb 2004, 18:40
I guess though that the success of Finningley may mean that Sheffield's airport becomes an industrial estate or business park
Sheffield is no longer a commercial airport anyway.

BEST L/CONTROLLER
17th Feb 2004, 20:00
Piss all over LBA & HUY,,,, don't talk out of your buttocks man, I'll put money on Finningly never coming off,,,,,

CHEERS!!!!!!!

LBAir.

Just curiouse to know where HBR is?????

CHEERS!!!!!:ok:

Helen49
17th Feb 2004, 20:21
'Three Counties' including Humberside could be a problem.......the latter 'County' ceased to exist in 1995!

Divergent Phugoid!
3rd Jun 2004, 20:50
What on earth were they thinking...

Sadly, RAF Finningley will now be known as... wait for it...

Robin Hood, Doncaster and Sheffield International Airport.

Whats that all about then? Thought it was in South Yorkshire?

Ahhh, I see, Robin Hood had heard about the Donny lassies too.

:confused: :confused:

garethjk22
9th Jun 2004, 14:56
Interesting, so are all those people who were prattling on at the start of the year now feeling a little stupid?

DSA has commitment from the worlds largest travel company (larger than BA yes that's right, WORLDS largest travel company) for 5 based aircraft and scope for growth! That gives roughly 1 million passengers and their will be more operators to follow - how long has it taken most other regional to get there? LBA is doing OK now - but 2-3 years ago was only at that stage - so all those who wrote the airport off ... think again!

Now the name, for gods sake drop the international, if you are tall, people don't say o look, it's tall bob, everyone can see bob is tall and therefore don't need to comment.

Likewise, DSA will be a major international airport, therefore no need to label ourselves when it's obvious! The name - and please all copy and paste this for future reference is "Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport" If you prefer, DSA.

Like the name or loath it, everyone around the world has heard of it, wonder how many people have heard of Humberside? Name was a god send if you ask me!

Roll on 16th march (ooo, about 39 weeks and counting!)

egnxema
10th Jun 2004, 08:05
Just a thought.

Both MOL (FR) and RW (EZY) have spoken widely of a rapidly looming price war.

Most aviation commentors have said they would expect FR and EZY to be survivors, maybe bruised, but definately living. The mortally wounded and dead are predicted to be from among bmibaby, MyTravellite, FlyBE, and Thomsonfly.

Although I wish all at DSA every success I would say don't count your chickens til they have hatched.

True TUI are one of the worlds biggest travel firms, but their Tour Operator Empire is not there to support a very small fledgling LoCo - should Thomsonfly start to vent too much money they WILL paint Britannia on the side of those planes and shut Thomsonfly.com down faster than you could butter your bottom and call yourself a biscuit.

Although all of us on PPRuNe have a vested interest in aviation, and I respect all those who are interested in planes and flying, it has to be said that no amount of wishing will make your local regional airport bounce higher than all the others and suddenly become a major airline hub.

Show me one young Aircraft Enthusiast that doesn't hope that their nearby regional airport will one day be awash with Intercontinental flights, 747s, departures to every US gateway imaginable.

These are dreams - the reality is MONEY. People invest in airlines to make MONEY. Tour Operators re-invent part of their Charter Airline to make MONEY - if the money is not there they will look to make money in other ways.

It would be fantastic to work for a carrier that simply LOVEs flying, a crew that simply LOVEs serving customers, into airports that simply are determind to offer point to point flights to scores of destinations just for the LOVE of it.

Truth is LOVE makes little money.

If Thomsonfly turn DSA into Ryanair's STN then brilliant - well done to them. But until they do don't start getting yourself a new camera and binoculars - you will only be seeing planes in your dreams.

:)

LBAir
10th Jun 2004, 20:35
egnxema, some very wise words there. I agree totally. I too wish DSA all the best next year when it begins passenger operations.
Leeds has taken 60 odd years to begin to look like an airport. I cannot help but think DSA is going to take a considerable lenghth of time to develop too. Yes it has a relatively long runway but so does Stansted and it too has largely been unable to attract long haul flights of the type DSA is said to be trying to gain.

I do think though that the likes of Manchester airport totally under estimate the will of Yorkshire folk to fly from the Yorkshire region. Both Manchester and NEMA are likely to take a bashing in the years to come, be it flying from LBA or DSA

War of the roses 2???:p

Buster the Bear
10th Jun 2004, 22:13
egnxema.

We sing from the same hymn sheet.

To survive over the winter you need cash in the bank. For sure Thomsonfly are filling seats right now, but at loss leader prices.

This cannot continue.

Robin Hood/Sheff/Leeds East/Donc/ whatever will be attracting local/national and EU re-development aid, some of which will be directed toward attracting airlines for this new venture. A south Wales airport and a Lo-Co arm of Luft are a testimony to this.

Now at Luton went bust even before flying and they were given regional EU aid to start according to our media.

I hope Robin survives.

Mortgage rates up again today, eventually the Lo-Co bubble will burst. Mr Webster and Mr O Leary agree with Buster on this!

JustaFew
11th Jun 2004, 17:12
'BUTTER MY BOTTOM AND CALL MYSELF A BISCUIT' ????

That's got to be from Blackadder.....

:p :p :p :p :p