PDA

View Full Version : HAPS report

212man
23rd Sep 2003, 21:46
Does anyone know where details/a copy of the HAPS report can be had? I've tried web searches and looke through the srg.caa sitewithout luck.

It seems to be a much quoted report but not readily available. Failing that, if anyone involved in its creation would care to contact me I'd be grateful.

Thanks

B Sousa
23rd Sep 2003, 23:37
I dont know if we are on the same sheet of music with HAPS, but if you are looking for a report on Hazardous Air Pollutants, its all over the internet.
A good search engine to use is www.copernic.com, download the free version and use it. a small secret is to ask it "exact phrase only".
Hope it helps.

212man
24th Sep 2003, 15:54
thanks: no not the same thing. The report I'm after deals with offshore approach and take offs.

Droopy
24th Sep 2003, 16:54
Is this the one? http://www.caa.co.uk/publications/publicationdetails.asp?id=933 (http://)

212man
24th Sep 2003, 17:08
Droopy, I don't know as that link comes up with 'bad gateway'.

Does it have a CAP number? All searches I've done on the CAA site have come up with a blank.

Slotty
24th Sep 2003, 18:58
http://www.caa.co.uk/publications/publicationdetails.asp?id=933

212man
24th Sep 2003, 20:00
Thanks guys for your time, but no not the right one (though I agree it sounds similar)

The HAPS report was compiled in the early 90s (maybe late 80s) by the CAA and Westland (and presumably some operator input) to determine ideal take off and landing profiles for the various types operating offshore. I think Westland developed a program into which type data could be entered and an procedure derived. The term 'HAPS modelling' is often used to describe this.

Anyone from Westland out there?

B Sousa
24th Sep 2003, 22:39
Dont give up. Try that free download on Copernic as I mentioned above. Play with your requests a bit and it might help. That is the best Search Engine out there. You might also try asking folks on the African forum.

peter manktelow
26th Sep 2003, 18:34
I seem to remember something similiar lying around the crewroom in Songkhla , Thailand (Okanagan)....like how many ways to take off in an S61.....20 feet rotate 20 degrees nose down , 50 feet rotate 10 degrees nose down etc etc covering civvy Chinook and others..the S76 received , at that time and in that publication , an inglorious comment...very interesting

It was published by BHAB
:8

dangermouse
26th Sep 2003, 20:46
HAPS or The Helicopter Airfield Performance Simulator is what we use to predict helicopter performance in the airfield area, it allows AEO, OEI or engine failure cases to be simulated/predicted for ODM data generation. We gather real data of aircraft to validate the model which is then used to generate the required performance charts. I imagine it is company property and runs on high end Sun work stations etc here.

In the long run it saves a lot of money and risk as we only need to test spot points and use the model to fill in the rest. Obviously the model needs tweaking for engine/airframe types and combinations but is very accurate when corrected for real behaviour. during flight tests we run the model to advise the aircrew the behaviour they expect during the test point abou to be flown.

It has now been validated for hot and high and temperate operations on a range of aircraft It allows techniques to be developed and tried without endangering the aircraft.

HTH DM:ok: