PDA

View Full Version : Outfits between Sydney and Cairns

farrari
23rd Sep 2003, 20:15
If one was to drive up the coast from Sydney to Cairns what are the names of the larger RPT/Charter companies between Sydney and Cairns.:O

Blastoid
24th Sep 2003, 06:13
I assume you are not talking about the red rat (Eastern, Sunstate).

North of Brisbane, I know of:

- Sunshine Express (2 metros, 1 Shed) based at Maroochydore, who do RPT and some charter operations

- SeAir (couple of Caravans, Nomad, twin otter) who are based at Coolangatta but pretty much daily (depending on weather) operate charters up to the reef at Lady Elliot lsland, as well as regularaly hopping to Lady Elliot Island out of Bundaberg and Hervey Bay. Generally VFP ops only.

- Don't know the operator, but operates choppers (squirrels) VFR between Gladstone and Herron Island, I think they do some charter work, but operate VFR only.

There is also a new charter outfit starting up at Hervey Bay (a caravan I think) but can't remember the name and don't know if it is up and running yet.

These don't include the freighter operations (metros, shrike commanders) of which there are I think two major operators there who operate out of Brisbane.

The old Flight West also does F100 charters too, they are based at Brisbane. I think they sold their Brasilias.

delta romeo
24th Sep 2003, 06:33
Does anyone Know the minimums for sea air

compressor stall
24th Sep 2003, 09:07
try here (http://www.whitepages.com.au) :rolleyes:

FL CH
24th Sep 2003, 09:19
An update on Sunshine Express, they now have 2 Shed's and have expanded into NSW. Could be looking for pilots soon.

Another company in Brisbane is Transair, they operate a fleet of Metro's and are linked to a new RPT company in NSW.

Jet-craft's H/O is in Brisbane, so drop in and see them.

Alliance Airlines is the new Flight West, they operate 2 F100's on RPT and Charter.

At Hervey Bay you also have Air Fraser (C206,207 and GA8).

Best thing to do is pick up the Yellow pages for each city/area and have a look under aircraft charter.