PDA

View Full Version : Airline bends Aerie??

Vlamgat
23rd Sep 2003, 13:35
Hiya All!!

It's been rumoured that there's a brand new A3 something standing under a cammo net at Smuts thats had a very hard landing about 12G's or so, is this at all true?? Were the pilots trying to have fun or was this a genuine accident??

The aircraft apparantly has a brightly colored tail with the colors of some flag on it.

Any information would be appreciated!!

BAe 146-100
23rd Sep 2003, 23:18
Hi,

Was it a A330/340?

Thanks
BAe 146-100

24th Sep 2003, 19:13
about 12G's or so, is this at all true?? Were the pilots trying to have fun or was this a genuine accident??

12G's doesnt sound like fun to me.............

Nobody from the carrier with the brightly coloured tail with a flag on it available for comment?

BAe 146-100
24th Sep 2003, 22:47
Hi,

It possibly could have been a Philippine Airlines A330/340?

http://www.airliners.net/photos/small/9/0/6/289609.jpg

BAe 146-100

Pontius' Pilot
25th Sep 2003, 01:01
Does this not tie in with the rumour that MAXRATED was referring to on the 8th August. A training accident at Mmbatho?

CAA must have the accident logged and it should be published soon.

If it is an SAA aircraft they will certainly be keeping it as quiet as possible, similar to when they had an A320 accident in Zambia a few years ago.

skyvan
25th Sep 2003, 06:52
I'm not on the fleet, but there are no rumours inside about a bent bus (I thought the advantage of plastic is that it will bend back to original shape after distortion ;) )

As far as I know, all the busses are flying, a couple of minor niggles have been experienced, as per normal for a new fleet introduction. Spoke to some hanger guys last week, they seem quite happy about the current reliability, although some are uncertain about the long term ability of the -600, something to do with the parent company still redesigning higher cycle maintenance checks. Still, if the engines turn, and the computer fires up, its time to fly.

With regard to the Lusaka incident, I don't hear the other airlines calling press conferences to announce accidents/incidents. At least the public do hear about many of our incidents, normally via the front page, sometimes I wish the press would give equal space for each incident, then we would ALL have our time in the sun (Star/Argus/Mercury or whatever you read!)

26th Sep 2003, 13:59
With regard to the Lusaka incident, I don't hear the other airlines calling press conferences to announce accidents/incidents.
Nobody needs to hold a press conference. The press goes into a frenzy at the slightest possibility of even a shred of a rumour. It doesnt matter who the operator is. The fact is that headlines sell newspapers, no matter how bizarre or irrelevant they are.
I see it in Europe much more than I ever saw it in SA. Maybe the press here have their ears closer to the ground than the folks in SA....