PDA

View Full Version : Lokichokio drivers

ChocolateStarfish
23rd Sep 2003, 05:33
Anyone working in that part of the world? whats the crack, have tz and Kenyan licence 2000 hrs turboprop , any aid flying or similar "do-gooder" work?

Answers on **** roll to Boredeuropeanaviator

Eddington the Rodger
28th Sep 2003, 18:10
its like this...
pitch up, show your face and see what happens.
This I know is not that helpful but its the honest truth.
cheers

GBender
5th Oct 2003, 20:34
Oh yeah Edd the Rodger is right but expect long hours low pay and for the most part crappy machines

Also the airstrip is now administrered under the capable hands of the Kenyan DCA. backhanders required

Kernel
15th Oct 2003, 19:57
Hi Chocolate

Speak to the operators at Wilson Airport, Nairobi. Most of the Loki contracts are operated through there. Having a Kenyan licence is a must, getting a work permit if you are not a citizen is extremely difficult. I had to wait weeks to get a temporary permit to fly a South African registered aircraft.
Kenyan immigration and their unemployed pilots do not take lightly to foreign pilots taking their work.
Otherwise go to Loki directly, there are a few operators who have their bases there.

Good luck, Kernel

406pilot
17th Oct 2003, 20:29
id like to help you out,but the frm wht i hear,the work is hard with 3weeks on and 1 week off,the pay is pretty good frm wht i hear??
a lot of work for caravan(cessna 208) pilots apparently,try organisations like Trackmark,Aircraft leasing Services(ALS),and a lot of other operators frm wilson airport,i ve heard people flying the C-130 hercules.

ChocolateStarfish
22nd Oct 2003, 18:11
Your all a great bunch arent ya, cheers for the good stuff.

Coleman Myers
6th Nov 2003, 03:21
Send a c.v. to Peter Gregory or Sam Provenzano at Alliance Aviation [email protected] - I understand he has been hiring on behalf of a new venture

dicksynormous
6th Nov 2003, 06:34
Anyone here got the latest contact for AIS kenya the buff operator out of wilson/loki. Email or fax/phone will do nicely.
I have some money for them.

cheers

PS. not als

Coleman Myers
7th Nov 2003, 01:58
Try:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

airbus172
9th Nov 2003, 10:58
There is one more operator from Lokchogio flying HS748's with Canadian Captains. The name simply "748"