PDA

View Full Version : chartering airplane

subhi
23rd Sep 2003, 02:24
Hi all,

theres a group of us ~40-50 thinking of going to prague for a long weekend.

we were thinking of hiring an aircraft for the trip. what I am basically thinking, 1. is it cost effective to pick people from diffrent places (edinburgh/cardiff/london) 2. is it cost effective to fly there using chartered and what sort of costs are we talking about.

any pointers will be great help

SLF
23rd Sep 2003, 05:18
Subhi

I looked into organising a trip like this a couple of years back for 80, but on a simple point to point basis for the weekend. If you're looking at low cost airline fares, and thinking you can get there for 100 quid each, forget it. I don't know, but I'd be surprised if you can do what you want on a simple return trip for under £400 a head.

Try a coach to Dublin...? ;)

Cheers - SLF

surely not
24th Sep 2003, 05:14
Try using a broker such as Hunt & Palmer, Air Charter or Air Partner. They will get the best price for you and deal with any issues should there be problems on the day, tech delays or similar.

A/c types would be mainly turbo prop with the main type being the ATR42 offering 46-48 seats, or the Dornier 328 or 328JET offering 32 seats.

Going via different airports puts the price up consderably as the operating costs rise and the handling and landing fees are higher.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

rupetime
24th Sep 2003, 23:40
Not forgetting you may well come under the scrutiny of the CAA and subsequently require an ATOL - worth checking it out with them first as this will almost certainly be a show stopper.

RT

subhi
25th Sep 2003, 15:13
Thanks to everyone who replied, you're right
I asked around, the cheapest way of going chartered was around the £400 per seat +/- £20.

I just foundout flyglobespan is starting route from GLA to prague. exactly the time we wanted to go as well so its working out ok :)