PDA

View Full Version : Multi Training (Stateside), where??

spudskier
22nd Sep 2003, 04:33
So I'm at a 141 flight school now and I should have my instrument and commercial by spring... They offer multi here but it's WAY too expensive ($235/hr for a dutchess plus instructor)

I'm planning on taking two or three weeks off from work and school to go get my multi next summer. If anyone can give me a good recommendation where to go I'd appreciate it! (any state in the US!) 61 or 141

flyer1980
23rd Sep 2003, 05:24
Hey spudskier,

Not having experienced the multi yet, I'm not too sure where you could do it - but I have heard good reports about ATP Inc. Take a look at their webiste and see what you think.

http://www.allatps.com

flyer1980

dorosenco
23rd Sep 2003, 07:30
Spudskier,

Check my website www.passion2fly.com for part 61 training. $140/hr for Duchesses ...

good luck with your training.

Charlie Zulu
23rd Sep 2003, 16:22
Hi Spudskier

I used Naples Air Center (Florida) for my FAA Single Commercial and Instrument this summer and can't recommend them highly enough.

Next March will see me return to NAC for the Multi Engine Add-On, which I'm probably going to go Part 141 as I've never logged any multi engine flying in the past.

They're not the cheapest, nor the most expensive. Their Seminole is $175 per hour plus $35 per hour for instruction.

Bear in mind though that if you fly 10 hours in the Seminole you'll get a free hour at the end. Ie, for ever 10 hours you pay for you'll get 11 hours flying. This brings the aircraft cost down to $159.09 per hour.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

spudskier
24th Sep 2003, 00:30
Thanks for the help guys, I'll check these places out!

I'd just rather get personal recommendations from all of you then pick a random school and hope for the best!

pittss2b
24th Sep 2003, 03:41
BE-95 $180/hour USD Dual rate. Including fuel, instructor, insurance, tax. Garmin 430 (IFR Color moving map GPS, and Sandel (EFIS) HSI. No visa hassels. www.harvsair.com